1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happend to Steam this evening?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marcel Hulsbergen, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +22
    If i join a server i get a message server is not connected to Steam. I tried all servers, refreshed the blob files etc but still can't log on to a server.

Am i the only one??

2. Maik Peters

Maik Peters

Ratings:
    +1
    I think you want a good answer on your question but i'm sorry I can't give it to you :)

I haven't played today YET.. But I'll tell you when i found out :p

3. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Ratings:
    +22
    I will try again but if it doesn't work i go play GTR2.

4. Žiga Lipovec

Žiga Lipovec

Ratings:
    +0
    No!

Here also :evil:
    same message, but i managed to get on 1 server and i was driving invisible car without sound but speed was showing. although there was info about 16 players connected there was only 2 on server and also no cars just names and they didnt drive...

after 3 mins i got same message as before and i madly closed the game :evil:

realy strange :evil:

5. Maik Peters

Maik Peters

Ratings:
    +1
    MMM... Time for a update ! :)

6. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

Ratings:
    +3
    Also had some problems 2night.... had a lot of login retries.... but steam managed to connect after 10x or so.... but saw a lot of guys kicked because of failed steam authentication...

7. v.vukmirovich

v.vukmirovich

Ratings:
    +0
    Just go to your steam account and delete AppUpdateStats.blob and ClientRegistry.blob. Start steam and wait in teal update is done. Enjoy! :wink:

8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,074
    yes vuko, i thought the same as you, but in perfectracing i could join, but all the other servers were dead meat! Hope steam will be up normally again very soon.

9. Rick Klomp

Rick Klomp

Ratings:
    +0
    jah

10. v.vukmirovich

v.vukmirovich

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I was thinking that this thing with blob files would help and it usually does, but this time something else was wrong...

11. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen

Ratings:
    +856
    Well, not everyone experienced these problems. I raced in several server yesterday, but I noticed a lot of players had these authentication problem.

12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,074
    nice contribution deslug :p

13. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Ratings:
    +22
    After a while i could log on to servers. But i discovered a lot of noobs and switched a lot.

I already tried the blob but this wasn't working for me.

14. Christian Deparis

Christian Deparis

Ratings:
    +0
    if internet or steam will black out what happen for the driver during the turnament ??

15. Henrik Stoldt

Henrik Stoldt

Ratings:
    +0
    it's happening AGAIN! -_-

16. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +803
    even worse

even worse, i was in the same race as hen-y tonight, he was thrown out halfway through the race, but i got a minidump on the finish line, after clawing my way up from position 16 to 12 in very fair and close racing. i just hate it when you cannot go back for race two to take up your well-earned position even if you have finished race 1, but i guess that is another improv suggestion, eh?

17. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +20
    Yesterday i got dropped out of the gaem with the following message (and i saw at least 4 other drviers in a short sequence suffering this also): You do not have right to play Race, purchase it on Steam .... or stg similar....

What the hack.....?

18. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Ratings:
    +22
    I did not have any problems yesterday. Only a bit of lag during the race in Oschersleben. But not connection problems to Steam.

I made a script to start Steam which automatic removes the 2 blob files every time i use Steam.

I also reboot my router and modem before racing, this way i always have a clean network connection.

19. Henrik Stoldt

Henrik Stoldt

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah that's what i got as well.... NEW PATCH PLEASE >___< !!!