What graphics card do you have?

It is now 2010, and graphics power has come a long way since the early days of racer. I am positive that newer cards can support higher poly cars and tracks, and having those would bring the visual quality level up immensely.

This thread is to determine the average level of graphics processing power of the players of racer, to help modelers decide how detailed they can go with their new cars and tracks.

I have an 8800 GT and even on newer cars and tracks at max settings and 16x aa I get 60-100 fps.

Also, if you have additional detailed information about how much your computer can handle in racer, post it!

Where is GeForce 9x series, and GTX series (GTX 100, GTX 200, GTX 300, GTX 400)?:smile:
I have GeForce 8600 GTS...
Pentium4 HT 3 GHz
2,5 Gb DDR
Windows 7 x86
Settings:
1280*1024 no bloom, no blur, no hdr
Mercedes SL65 AMG on Speedest3 I have about 30 FPS

As there is no option for my GFX card series in the poll, here's what I have:
GeForce GTX285 with Intel Core i7 920 and 6GB RAM.

That configuration should be enough for a few years to come.

I have a NV9600GT, but my next card will certainly be an ATI, too many bad experiences with freezes.

Oh boy... If you wish to play Racer without many problems, I strongly suggest you stick with nVidia card. ATI still seems to be having problems with their OpenGL drivers and such.

Quoting Dave: "You pay less for an ATI with a reason" ;)

I've had a ATI 4870 (512Mb)since they came out in 2008 and couldn't been happier. Guess a 1 or 2 Gb would be better but I play nothing else than racing sims so it is ample for the purpose :)

Problems: No nothing, no freezes or overheating but then again I am not overclocking any of my components :)

I have a nVidia 7300... I'm surprised that it runs so many good games. It's not bad, but doesn't support cg shaders.

Then I have a Pentium 4 3.00GHz processor and 1GB of ram.

Not top of the line, but it does the trick! :p

As there is no option for my GFX card series in the poll, here's what I have:
GeForce GTX285 with Intel Core i7 920 and 6GB RAM.

That configuration should be enough for a few years to come.
wish my system was that good lol, my 9600 GSO is paired with a 3.5ghz processor with Hyper-Threading, and 1 gb of ram, it does need to be upgraded I think lol.

Where is GeForce 9x series, and GTX series (GTX 100, GTX 200, GTX 300, GTX

Those fit under 8xxx series and newer

I didn't put an option for the newest nvidia and newest ATI cards because there probably won't be a significant gain over the high end 8 and 9 series. Not for the scale of polygon count we're talking about, anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%