What fps count are you getting?

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hello guys

Bought Automobilista the other day when it got available on steam, it was an insta-buy really, after seeing all the great content that came with the game.

I am having issues with fps drop/stuttering like other people on the forum here, where its mentioned. I read that some guys got it sorted out, and some havent and are in the same boat as me still. Problem is occuring at most when driving over curbs, but also while simply driving.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am here to ask you guys, what FPS count are you getting in this game, and whats your spec?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've gone through the user manual that the other users suggested, and it helped a lot, but I still get stuttering. I've tried editing settings, starting the game, editing more settings, restarting the game and so on. I've managed to make it ok where I race 6-8 opponents. Everything over that and its all royal rumble on my screen with the stuttering.

My specs are:
geforce 980 gtx
4790k - not overclocked
750w psu
G25 wheel
16GB ram
h110 hydro cooling
Windows 7
Resolution: 1920*1080.

In-game I have everything on max except shadows, shadow blur and something else that I have dialed down. my FFB strengt/effect is -80 in the game.

What kinds of FPS are people getting? I would expect to play this game on max settings with 20 cars with my type of specs without any stuttering, but to no avail. Is there anyone out here with same hardware as me, but no stuttering? So its just me? Or is it still a mass-user issue? Havent enjoyed a sim this much in a long long time, really a shame this stuff is holding me back from racing and having fun.

I7-3820@3.6GHz, GTX970, 32GB, Win10-64 on Samsung 840SSD, PCI-e 3 enabled by hack.
Formula Extreme___starting last of 24 cars at Intelagos (cockpit views only). All in-game settings at max.....
95 fps at start.... 115 fps still in the pack at Senna Esses.... fps climbs to 171 fps at back straight as cars spread out a bit.
Fluctuates between (141min)-(254 max) thereafter as the race progresses and the cars spread out. Very smooth gameplay throughout....no stuttering anywhere on track.

Attachments

• AMS1r_-Mar.-13-09.gif
    AMS1r_-Mar.-13-09.gif
    84.9 KB · Views: 490
  • Nvidia_-Mar.-13-09.gif
    Nvidia_-Mar.-13-09.gif
    61.3 KB · Views: 505
  • Nvidia2_354-Mar.-13-09.gif
    Nvidia2_354-Mar.-13-09.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Thanks @Terry Rock , had to change some of my settings to match yours.

@Alex Sawczuk I've had power savings enabled because my processor had some bad drivers before, and if the pc wasnt in power saving mode, the cores would work at max all the time, 4,9ghz, instead of idling at 2,4ghz. This hasnt caused any issues with other games. But will try it out together with terry's settings tomorrow when I get time for this. Didnt get time to test today

Thanks again for the great help guys

With my setup i7 quad, gtx 660 triple screen 16 gb ram. I get 110 fps in gsce on high settings, rf1 130fps, rf2 60 fps. AMS 30 fps. All using GID HUD.

Last edited:
@Alex Sawczuk , I have done a fresh install, set nvidia inspector settings, checked power saving modes ( in other words all the suggestions made here) and have seen an improvement but only from a result where I achieved 6fps on the grid of the Aus Racedpartment race on Sunday just gone with 26 entrants and had to leave the grid. I am now achieving averages in the 30's . I have tried in single player with 23 AI, time trial and on the RD Aus server by myself and the results are approximately the same in all three playing modes.
I had been online a couple of times last week before making these changes and saw fps around 130. I changed nothing and dropped to the 6fps I mentioned which is when I made the suggested changes I outlined above for the modest gain mentioned.
Any ideas? This is very frustrating. There is some awesome racing going on and I can't be a part of it!.
I7-2600 , GTX 980 , 500gb SSD. Windows 10-64
Thanks

An old tip from gse, but it's worth a try turning timescale to "none".
AMS on my i73770k stutters badly with timescale on (most notable at suzuka) -- as soon as i turn it off it runs perfectly with very high framerate.
I don't miss anything about not having timescale to be honest, so no issue.

An old tip from gse, but try turning timescale to "none".
AMS on my i73770k stutters badly with timescale on (most notable at suzuka) -- as soon as i turn it off it runs perfectly with very high framerate.
I don't miss anything about not having timescale to be honest, so no issue.
It actually sucks. We want to do a 2 hours GT3 race at Spa this weekend, would be fun with time acc 10x but no... risk of people having problems...
Hope Reiza fix this in AMS

@Alex Sawczuk , I have done a fresh install, set nvidia inspector settings, checked power saving modes ( in other words all the suggestions made here) and have seen an improvement but only from a result where I achieved 6fps on the grid of the Aus Racedpartment race on Sunday just gone with 26 entrants and had to leave the grid. I am now achieving averages in the 30's . I have tried in single player with 23 AI, time trial and on the RD Aus server by myself and the results are approximately the same in all three playing modes.
I had been online a couple of times last week before making these changes and saw fps around 130. I changed nothing and dropped to the 6fps I mentioned which is when I made the suggested changes I outlined above for the modest gain mentioned.
Any ideas? This is very frustrating. There is some awesome racing going on and I can't be a part of it!.
I7-2600 , GTX 980 , 500gb SSD. Windows 10-64
Thanks
I had a problem in SCE that I couldn't get above 50 fps. Changing that line from 0 to 1 in the plr file worked very well. 300+fps now.

Code:
Delay Video Swap="1" // Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time

I had a problem in SCE that I couldn't get above 50 fps. Changing that line from 0 to 1 in the plr file worked very well. 300+fps now.

Code:
Delay Video Swap="1" // Whether to delay video swap if card is busy - this should only be used if framerate clearly improves - otherwise it is only delaying response time
Thanks Matheus , I'll give that a go.

Alen, if you are still having
Alex I have disabled updates and removed any from the last month or so. After further efforts I am noticing if I have not been in game overnight and then log in the game will give me around 120fps and operates very well. if I then log out and re -enter into a server or if I do this the other way around then my second access results in the frame drop to 30 or so.
Can you think of any reason why I might be having this intermittent issue?
Also since I did last nights update my Heusinkveld pedals are not working? I have remapped them a number of times but no success. I have left the game and checked if they are operating in AC and everything is fine.
Any ideas on both issues?

To be frank, it's impossible to say.

We get reports that Windows updates can screw things up? Have you tried creating a new profile?
Alen, if you are still having
Alex I have disabled updates and removed any from the last month or so. After further efforts I am noticing if I have not been in game overnight and then log in the game will give me around 120fps and operates very well. if I then log out and re -enter into a server or if I do this the other way around then my second access results in the frame drop to 30 or so.
Can you think of any reason why I might be having this intermittent issue?
Also since I did last nights update my Heusinkveld pedals are not working? I have remapped them a number of times but no success. I have left the game and checked if they are operating in AC and everything is fine.
Any ideas on both issues?

2560 x 1080 screen res... maxed out settings with antialiasing set from Nvidia control panel to 8x and have ave frames 230 fps with vsync off, but have turned on vsync so running 60 fps currently...

To be frank, it's impossible to say.

We get reports that Windows updates can screw things up? Have you tried creating a new profile?
Alex I tried a new profile as well as all the other suggestions mentioned here and have reduced all in game settings to medium and the best I can manage in the RD server (Aus) was about 40 with a group of players. This made the game stutter a lot and made the race unplayable for me.
I tried to drive with only my keyboard ( at which I was useless) in single player with 9 AI and there seemed to be a massive improvement. Anything as high as 155 FPS !!! I have Heusinkveld Pro Pedals and a Fanatec V2 wheelbase and Formula rim. I have only trialled this once.
Is there something you can suggest to me which I can do so I get this kind of result using these controllers?
As mentioned previously I am not having these issues at all with any other games.

One thing people should try is turning OFF DynHUD and use the default hud. I have a toaster compared to you guys with expensive Nvidia cards and have ZERO stuttering..except when DynHUD was on, DynHUD absolutely kills my fps.

I was able to get fps around 65 - 85 Textures full, antialiasing 2x, shadow medium, blur shadow off, special effects medium, visible cars 15. DynHud ON

After the new update Im able to achieve only 45 - 53 fps, Settings are lower, Textures high, shadows special effects and shadow blur is the same, DynHud ON (turining it off does nothing),antialiasing trilinear. Turned off Mirrors completly no improvment at all. Look at configuration exe if Im running on my GPU, Everything is correcly set.

Any help, tips ? Its really weird why after update I lost like 20 fps..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 397 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 267 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 255 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 314 13.0%