F1 2011 What FPS are you getting?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys

I couldn't find a previous thread about this. I am curious what fps everyone is getting. I have an i7 920 and hd 6990 card. When i run the benchmark test it only shows average fps of 26 and minimum of 16. It doesn't seem to matter what settings i tweak it makes little difference. Any ideas?

What fps are others getting?

Cheers F1 A

av_fps="47.568806" min_fps="39.595505 with everything on ultra @ 1920x1080 resolution on DX11

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2GHz
ATi Radeon HD 6970 2gb ram
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Corsair Professional Gold AX1200 (1200Watt PSU)

I'm getting decent frames with radeonpro, but for some reason, the game stutters and then jumps on every second or so. the frame rate doesn't drop, but the issue is noticable at slow speeds when going round tight corners. at top speed, it's not really noticable

MSI Twin Frozr III 6950 OC Edition
i5 760 2.8ghz oced to 3.8
4gb ram

getting average of 45 fps ingame. high settings 8x AA

altho in races i experience fps drop, like said above in slow corners the framerate drops like hell.

any tips or advice?

Hi,

I had the same problem where I had a steady fps but then the game would start to stutter really badly after approximately 4 or 5 laps every few seconds. It usually happened at the same points on each lap. I went through all the advise given on various posts, checked that all my drivers were up to date and made the replay file read only but this didn't solve the problem.

It wasn't until I came across the following post on the Codemasters forum that solved the stuttering for me:

"had the same thing on my i5, all you do is goto your (gamedir)/system folder and backup your 'workerMapXCore' files, then copy the workermap4core 4 times and rename one to 'workermap' another to 'workermap2core', another to 'workermap6core' and the last to 'workermap8core' and voila, it doesnt matter what the game thinks you have, it will run on all 4 cores
smile.gif
enjoy and yes it does make a difference.
peace out"

The post was written by f1superstar so I can't take any credit for it. But since doing this I have had a boost in fps, the stuttering has completely gone and the game is now running brilliantly with exception of the drying line and passive AI.

I've managed to do 5 100% races since doing this and haven't had a single stutter in practice, qualifying or in the races. I hope this might help someone like it did for me :)

My Specs,

HP Envy 17"
Intel i7 Q720
ATi Radeon 5850 1gb Mobility
8GB RAM

i5 2500K, stock clocks
GTX460, stock clocks
8gb Patriot RAM
1920x1200, 8xMSAA

Getting 71-89fps. Most settings on HIGH. I turned a couple down, forget which ones.

Hope I don't have to upgrade my Vid card for BF3. It runs great right now, but there are things disabled for the Beta.

I'm running an i7 720QM, 8GB ram, HD5850 graphics with 1GB DDR5 VRAM, windows 7 64bit.
I'm getting a solid 50-60 Fps at all times DX11. I've modded all my textures to HD. My tip for saving some fps if you need to is to put shaadows to high instead of ultra, makes a big difference.

Gosh, you would think a company named Code Masters would have these silly things sorted before a game gets released. I dont even have a clue about all this renaming stuff. Who figures this stuff out anyway and why dont they work for Code Masters? sheesh

Gosh, you would think a company named Code Masters would have these silly things sorted before a game gets released. I dont even have a clue about all this renaming stuff. Who figures this stuff out anyway and why dont they work for Code Masters? sheesh

There are millions of different PC configurations ( OS, hardware, software, drivers ) and you can't pleas everybody.
The game runs great on my machine but I only use it for racing.

A few years ago I had big problems with Race 07 and it was the fault of Google Earth for example.

wow u should be killin the fps!

im getting solid 30s with my system (Intel q6850 OC'd to 3.67gHz, 8G ram, Win7 64, SB XFi, Dual 470GTxs in SLi, (2x) 1TB HDs. 1920x1200x32) and this is in traffic in rain with the nvidia cp settings at 16AF, 64SLI AA and 16 AT.

Hey MarkVenom

If i was a woman i would have your children, lol. Used the radeonpro thingo to disable crossfire and with dx11 and everything cranked up to ultra was getting an average of 55 and min of 46 in the benchmark! I am sure with more tweaking i could get it higher but am happy with this! Does this mean i am just running on half my graphics card now?

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Cheers

F1Ahttp://www.racedepartment.com/member.php?u=50394

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back