WHAT F2 NEEDS THE MOST

HI Fellow sim racers . First up we need the UI and i know that will be here Q1.2019 ... CARS roster at the moment is VERY good and getting better for GTE ..GT3 but hope you add some more like the Honda NSX.. LAMBO ..FERRARI.. etc.. Open wheel cars we need a modern F1..AND F3 I know the TATUUS cars are coming so that takes care of F3... Now what we need the most IMO is laser scanned tracks to the same quality as the new Sebring which is fantastic and a work of art IMO..But that is only 1 track [ i know nords is coming] we need all the f1 and gte. gt3. tracks to race rf2 great cars on..i know there are many good Mod tracks available but IMO none are at the standard of Sebring ..please track modders do not get upset with me, what i say is just IMO...Regards to all and have a happy new year:)

Portland is also in the works, I have not read if that will be a laser project or not. I agree with most of your wish list, but I think you will find there are plenty of other features or fixes that many users would rank above or equal to your items. AI behavior when following, AI tire choices when raining, AI getting lost and split up during full course cautions just to name a few. Getting back to tracks, Nords might be the critical release, not because it's the legendary Green Monster, but it must recoup costs via DLC. If Nords sells well, that most likely would guarantee more laser tracks in the future. As far as laser being the ONLY way to enjoy rF2? I'm not there, even though I've read many posts by users who insist on Laser Quality. I can enjoy Watkins Glen and many other tracks by modders. If a laser version is available....then wonderful...but it's not the end of the world if no laser scanned circuit exists. I can driver VIR all day, because it's such a unique layout, and it doesn't bother me one bit that we'll probably never see a LS version. I suppose we will eventually get a heaping dose of glass smooth F1 tracks, but hopefully the laser process can be used to enhance the bumps and lumps of smaller venues like many of the BTCC or Oz. Woudn't a Laser scan of Bathurst be an amazing coup?

Historic Eve and Spark have had basically nothing
Yes F3 Eve is my fav car so i am bias

but it has holes in the body, gaps around the tyre beads
These are things people would have a go at 3rd party modders for lol
GPL suspension detail is better

I be happy to pay for DLC for a Version 2 of all the ISI historic cars and tracks

More community online participation.
I'm talking quick jump in races guys/gals.
S397 can only do so much it's up to us to show support and populate the servers.
Get out there and race!
S397 at Sebring is a very good server right now.
No offense Dave, but I care nothing about AI, I want to race you not a robot.

I'm talking quick jump in races guys/gals.
S397 can only do so much it's up to us to show support and populate the servers.
Get out there and race!
S397 at Sebring is a very good server right now.
No offense Dave, but I care not a thing about AI, I want to race you not a robot.
None taken, those weren't 'MY" priorities, but some of the ones I've read on the S397 forums.
But you illustrate my point, YOU want better online racing. Well there are plenty of users who never go online. My bet is your side gets priority right now due to S397 trying to build a competition feature, but there is still a good sized number of folks who DO want improvements to many parts of the AI behavior. Some users want more F1, some want hybrid engines, some want pretty grass around the track edges, some want more clouds, some want their 5 year old systems to run rF2 fully maxed out, Some want more tracks even though I have such a long track list in the sim I'm sure there are many tracks I've never even loaded once. Some want old tracks, some want the newest.
Personally I want Ligier to pull their head out of their butt and figure out how to turn their old Pescarolo lineage into something that can keep up with essentially a Courage C-65.(via Wirth Research and Acura ARX-01b ). We need a competitive LMP2 class. And I want to know why the Nissan GT500 feels so unplanted compared to the GTE cars. Durge and others are starting to pine for the good ol days of ISI. For every step forward by S397, we are seeing Total Immersion Racing conversions, Virtua LM, and others. So the list....if there is such a thing...is still a very very long list of things we users want.

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me
A front wing channel in motec for my GT3

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Gear box protection, and

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Clutch plates and updated tyres for my old F3
Gear box protection, and

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Realistic adjustable ARB
Gear box protection, and

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
A dash-mounted slip lamp display for my GTE
Realistic adjustable ARB
Gear box protection, and

I'm giving up now, I'm going to bed, it's been a long day :D

Historic Eve and Spark have had basically nothing
Yes F3 Eve is my fav car so i am bias

but it has holes in the body, gaps around the tyre beads
These are things people would have a go at 3rd party modders for lol
GPL suspension detail is better

I be happy to pay for DLC for a Version 2 of all the ISI historic cars and tracks

+1
we need more historic contents (or updated existing contents)

I think the league community could repay their sims with open room participation
They could all be in a few extra hours a week in open rooms, training rookies

.......and before you have a go at me I ran F3 rookies for 3 years every single day and was in there to help newbies anytime., had 330 drivers in when I gave up keeping stats
After 3 years one car and mostly one track only 16 of 330 could do constant 4:16 Belgium lol
But i got heaps and heaps of rookies under 4:18 and they were blown away they did it

--------------------------

Not everyone remembers the Live Racers servers ISI had running
At the time was only a handful of cars but servers were full 24/7

Funny that is when leagues joined open rooms lol but most of first time they got hit by a rookie they would spit the dummy and disappear

If they replicate LiveRacers with driver profile, results and stats that actually work they will get heaps in

If we're talking about what we need I'd say a new competition system (which seems is coming in january). League racing Is ok but I would like to race when I want, and not when the League is supposed to

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing