What F1 Tracks Would You Like To Return?

Magny-Cours, or anywhere decent enough to host a French GP as it is NEEDED on the schedule.

Imola would be a good alternative if Monza actually were to lose the GP, which I hope never happens.

After having some fun with modern F1 cars at Zandvoort, other than upgrading it to Grade 1 standards, I see no reason that F1 couldn't race there.

Turkey, Kyalami, Watkins Glen. I think Turkey has been copied on some new track, Kyalami is gearing up for F1 Grade 1 status, and Charlie Whiting apparently loves WG and wants to see F1 there himself.

Not on the list, but I'd like to see a return to the GP of Long Beach in California, USA. I voted for my second favorite though...Fuji in Japan. Love that track for some reason.

Istanbul, Fuji, Brands Hatch. The first two because they actually had awesome racing (Fuji is miles better than Suzuka for racing, and Istanbul is the best Tilkedrome by miles. Turn 8 and awesome racing? What's not to like!). Brands would probably suck as a race, but it's an amazingly challenging track that I'd love to see modern F1 cars tackle.

Not on the list, but I'd like to see a return to the GP of Long Beach in California, USA. I voted for my second favorite though...Fuji in Japan. Love that track for some reason.
The only way I'd like to see Fuji return is if it were in the 1987-1993 configuration. Adding chicanes and such after Dunlop Corner only served to slow cars down too much in a zone that drivers never truly found their rhythm.
Fuji93.3a593592b9f18ad6df8af3fefbfbb3ff.png

• Mick van Weet

Zandvoort sinds it is my favourite track and home track. Would go mad if it will return.
Fuji but then as the Pacific Grand Prix. I don't want to have Suzuka removed from the calender.
And Watkins Glen. It has so much more atmosphere and history then COTA, imo.

Any American city tracks such as Phoenix would be great ...
The Phoenix layout used in '91 was awesome, despite being composed almost entirely of 90° corners. Great example of how simple track layouts with enough overtaking opportunities often produce the best racing.

And there's something about wheel-to-wheel racing in high powered machines through the streets of a populated city on rough, dirty, bumpy roads that's just wonderful :D

Great example of how simple track layouts with enough overtaking opportunities often produce the best racing
Same is true with the Bahrain GP circuit. It's a super simple layout, probably the simplest in the whole f1 calendar, yet it makes for some of the best racing because of the way the corners are arranged. All those switch-back low/med speed corners that provide opportunities for different lines and overtaking makes for some fantastic wheel to wheel racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%