PC1 What driving aids do you use?

I don`t know if I'm very clumsy but excluding underpowered car, I have to use at least the traction control and ABS to have fun and be a little relaxed driving. Without any help I find it too stressful, perhaps for practical or hot lap but with other cars on the track IA or online is almost impossible not to make a mistake.
Honestly, do you think that most players running with aid or without them?

I used to go all off on every sim... Until I figured going "factory" (in AC) or "real" in PCars actually makes more sense, simulation-wise, given cars are designed and balanced to work with those specific aids on, in real life.
'Well stated" The car physics are designed around if the real life car uses it. According to the present votes the majority of drivers don't use any aids which explains why multiplayer is usually a out of control wreckfest. lol

I tried for one race to set assists to 'real' with ginetta g40 junior but it turned both TC and ABS on as default.. In car that doesn't have those IRL (not even powersteering.. So i would expect it to reflect in FFB) .. After few corners feeling glued to the road I had to turn them off... As long as it is just game assist and not car assist it will stay off ... So pretty much only games where it makes sense to run TC/ABS on (on factory settings) are AC and R3E...

... different story for pad drivers as they don't use it to assist car but to assist their controller...

I switch on TC when it starts to rain, because it gets slippery within a few seconds, which makes driving hard for my poor skills when I am still on slicks.
BTW, that is an issue which I dislike about this game: It starts to rain and gets slippery immediately, although the track is not really wet yet. On the other hand, when it stops raining after thunderstorms the track gets dry within a few seconds. The AI seems to have no problems at all with that, but for me it is very hard to find the right time to pit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back