What does this community really wants?

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Looking at what this community is playing, this week on PC, there is more people driving in AC than in ACC and RF2 and PCars2 put together.
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,365960,378860,805550#7d
This says something about what we are actually driving, which sometimes is not represented by what is making the news or actively discussed on RD.
AC in it present state, on PC, attract more players than the other 3 put together. I also play the other 3, but far less, that I spend time in AC.
To me, AC is with all the toppings, VR, CM, Shader, SOL, real mirrors, all the tracks and mods and not just the one available here, has so much to offer, it is unbelievable.
This morning I raced 2008 f1 in Montreal with all the cars with proper livery down to the helmets, dynamic changing weather, 22 cars on the grid. I was there at that race in 2008 and AC is virtually bringing me back, but this time I am driving, priceless!
Only AC has that ability to only limit what you can do to what you can imagine or desire.
Judging by that it is driven by the majority, AC is really what this community wants, and I am talking about the one actually driving, not the minority writing 80% of the post here, too busy complaining to actually enjoy our great hobby.
That is the community I am referring to, the one who drive.
Hopefully developers are paying more attention to that and less to the constant bickering, arguing about details and ultimately never satisfied, that we read here, page after page, from the people posting on RD.
What we want is to have fun and that is what a majority of us get from AC with all the toppings.

• Deleted member 197115

From iRacing physics to the sense of speed, FOV, and world scale. This thread is a roller-coaster of topics except subj. :laugh:

From some of the post in this thread recently, when we should be trying to better understand what makes a SIM like AC our favorite, since it is by far the one we drive the most, some seem to be unable to get off the me mode. As in I like this, I don’t like that. As if we had to choose, instead of enjoying everything. More important, as a group, we do not really care what any individual like or dislike, to those I say, do not use what you do not like, concentrate on what you like. On that level, any of the top SIM have plenty to like and enjoy.
What makes AC the most popular? Apparently having a little bit of everything is helping, even if it is more effort to organise content to get what we want. Other like RRRE or ACC offer ready to race series. Tracks and opponent are assembled for your pleasure. In RRRE you don’t even have to buy all content, buy one car and race against the whole series.
We could conclude that this community is more in the Ikea type than pre-assembled.
In AC, even easier when using CM, you can create all aspect of any Championship, calibrate everything and end up with a tailored to your taste and tailored experience.

We already have understood that at this stage when comparing all the major SIM they all provide a satisfactory level of physic and FFB, one might and most likely will prefer one over the other, but not to the extend of making the other one not enjoyable. Except for a few zealots who have not understood yet that it is ok to like more than one. It is ok to like a few of them and take advantage of their different charms.
So Physic and FFB is not what makes AC so popular.

Is the ultimate sandbox with decent everything what we really prefer? In an age where no efforts, instant gratification seem to be the way, it is a little surprising, but the average age of the simmer is might be of a generation use to build it more than use it and throw it. SIM is a niche among the gaming market and the Simmer niche might have different taste than the average gamer do.

Let’s not forget the pet peeve of all regular sim forum resident, the infamous question.
What is more realistic? The answer is yes, all major SIM offer a realistic simulation. If you have to ask which one is, it means you have no clue, so why does it matter so much to you?
If you have driven before, you have an idea of what being behind the wheel is like and since all SIM are still far from what it really is, we need to make a leap of faith and bridge the gap, for all of them. Most drive watching a screen with a wheel attached to their desk, but even with a full motion rig in VR, none of the major will let you down. They will all provide a stellar simulation of what driving at speed feels like if you want to enjoy it, scrabbling about little details, will just spoil your fun and makes you life miserable, mind you, I think some here enjoy being miserable.
So AC is not more popular than most other game put together because it is more realistic, it is realistic enough.

Last edited:
From some of the post in this thread recently, when we should be trying to better understand what makes a SIM like AC our favorite, since it is by far the one we drive the most, some seem to be unable to get off the me mode. As in I like this, I don’t like that. As if we had to choose, instead of enjoying everything. More important, as a group, we do not really care what any individual like or dislike, to those I say, do not use what you do not like, concentrate on what you like. On that level, any of the top SIM have plenty to like and enjoy.
What makes AC the most popular? Apparently having a little bit of everything is helping, even if it is more effort to organise content to get what we want. Other like RRRE or ACC offer ready to race series. Tracks and opponent are assembled for your pleasure. In RRRE you don’t even have to buy all content, buy one car and race against the whole series.
We could conclude that this community is more in the Ikea type than pre-assembled.
In AC, even easier when using CM, you can create all aspect of any Championship, calibrate everything and end up with a tailored to your taste and tailored experience.

We already have understood that at this stage when comparing all the major SIM they all provide a satisfactory level of physic and FFB, one might and most likely will prefer one over the other, but not to the extend of making the other one not enjoyable. Except for a few zealots who have not understood yet that it is ok to like more than one. It is ok to like a few of them and take advantage of their different charms.
So Physic and FFB is not what makes ACC so popular.

Is the ultimate sandbox with decent everything what we really prefer? In an age where no efforts, instant gratification seem to be the way, it is a little surprising, but the average age of the simmer is might be of a generation use to build it more than use it and throw it. SIM is a niche among the gaming market and the Simmer niche might have different taste than the average gamer do.

Let’s not forget the pet peeve of all regular sim forum resident, the infamous question.
What is more realistic? The answer is yes, all major SIM offer a realistic simulation. If you have to ask which one is, it means you have no clue, so why does it matter so much to you?
If you have driven before, you have an idea of what being behind the wheel is like and since all SIM are still far from what it really is, we need to make a leap of faith and bridge the gap, for all of them. Most drive watching a screen with a wheel attached to their desk, but even with a full motion rig in VR, none of the major will let you down. They will all provide a stellar simulation of what driving at speed feels like if you want to enjoy it, scrabbling about little details, will just spoil your fun and makes you life miserable, mind you, I think some here enjoy being miserable.
So AC is not more popular than most other game put together because it is more realistic, it is realistic enough.

So if AC is perfect, why ask the question?

• Deleted member 197115

So if AC is perfect, why ask the question?
Can you please give it a rest. We got it, you don't like AC physics, got banned from AC forum, and have a grudge against Kunos.
Time to move on, there are plenty of other wonderful things in life, like iRacing.

Finally .... and really ...I think the love for AC is similar to the one for .... GTR2.... but more than Ten Years After ... :O_o: I meant more than 10 years later :roflmao:.
Our appreciated modders made it much more complete than it was at the start.... for both of them.

Every sim has its pros and cons, its qualities and shortcomings but AC ( as GTR2 or RF ) is finally one of the best examples of moddable platforms. Let's enjoy them as I really think the sims in the future will not give this opportunity any longer.

If I had to find the worst con in AC, I'd say ... a rather bad collision handling.... offline and online.:(

Worst con in AC is that people doesn't need better than that.

Just to blend in more with original topic - nothing. You guys don't need anything. Maybe a bit of more candy visual features that are enough for you even without basic physical simulation to go with it, maybe few more mod cars and tracks, for soulless try outs.

The only truly greatest thing about AC that beats the rest now is that it is fairly decent sim with pretty steady online platform which gives rather good experience, thanks to SRS !, for free, and does so with a lot of content variety.

Last edited:
Umm theres so much of it, its dizzying.
From pre war:
preview-Copy.jpg
p
To post war:
preview1.jpg

And everything in between those times and onward. Everything.

Now I get the point why you refuse to answer, when I ask you repeatedly for the download link. The Bentley blower 1931 is made by Legion, but it’s or very bad made for VR or not being finished. So absolute not a good example on how good AC is. This Bentley can be downloaded at *********** btw. If you have an better version link let me know and I will correct this topic.
The other,the green F1 car, I could not trace that, I do hope a member could help me finding the download link or identifying this vintage F1 car.

Last edited:
Now I get the point why you refuse to answer, when I ask you repeatedly for the download link. The Bentley blower 1931 is made by Legion, but it’s or very bad made for VR or not being finished. So absolute not a good example on how good AC is. This Bentley can be downloaded at *********** btw. If you have an better version link let me know and I will correct this topic.
The other,the green F1 car, I could not trace that, I do hope a member could help me finding the download link or identifying this vintage F1 car.

What do you mean refuse to answer? Dude I get people asking for stuff all the time, I can't always remember to who and where everything is coming from. Or if I see it, I might not be at my pc and forget to come back to it.
And to be real, I never said I was pointing toward links and destinations or supplying the cars (good luck on remembering where all this comes from) when I was just giving examples of the stuff (vintage) is out there for AC that you seemed to think was slim pickins.

Yes I could upload each and everyone but I'd have to remember AND take the time to do it.
But if I say I'm going to do something, it gets done.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back