What does this community really wants?

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Looking at what this community is playing, this week on PC, there is more people driving in AC than in ACC and RF2 and PCars2 put together.
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,365960,378860,805550#7d
This says something about what we are actually driving, which sometimes is not represented by what is making the news or actively discussed on RD.
AC in it present state, on PC, attract more players than the other 3 put together. I also play the other 3, but far less, that I spend time in AC.
To me, AC is with all the toppings, VR, CM, Shader, SOL, real mirrors, all the tracks and mods and not just the one available here, has so much to offer, it is unbelievable.
This morning I raced 2008 f1 in Montreal with all the cars with proper livery down to the helmets, dynamic changing weather, 22 cars on the grid. I was there at that race in 2008 and AC is virtually bringing me back, but this time I am driving, priceless!
Only AC has that ability to only limit what you can do to what you can imagine or desire.
Judging by that it is driven by the majority, AC is really what this community wants, and I am talking about the one actually driving, not the minority writing 80% of the post here, too busy complaining to actually enjoy our great hobby.
That is the community I am referring to, the one who drive.
Hopefully developers are paying more attention to that and less to the constant bickering, arguing about details and ultimately never satisfied, that we read here, page after page, from the people posting on RD.
What we want is to have fun and that is what a majority of us get from AC with all the toppings.

Being a harmless eccentric I want to see much more vintage content in AC.

Umm theres so much of it, its dizzying.
From pre war:
preview-Copy.jpg

To post war:
preview1.jpg

And everything in between those times and onward. Everything.
preview.jpg

preview4.jpg

Yeah, I read his comments as 'We were going to add a whole load of new stuff to AC for you, but since you screwed around with it by creating the CSP, we can't now because everything would break and you would all cry.'

It's the double edge of the sword. But no matter how good AC looks the physics are getting more dated as time goes on.
Plus iRacing is also clearer in VR. It would be nice to have an update. I would be more than willing to pay for it.

• Deleted member 197115

It's the double edge of the sword. But no matter how good AC looks the physics are getting more dated as time goes on.
Plus iRacing is also clearer in VR. It would be nice to have an update. I would be more than willing to pay for it.
Can you please elaborate more on "dated" aspect. To my limited knowledge it's one of the youngest physics engine in sim world, iRacing with its 60Hz FFB refresh rate is ancient in comparison, and ACC is using the same physics engine with some tweaks.

Can you please elaborate more on "dated" aspect. To my limited knowledge it's one of the youngest physics engine in sim world, iRacing with its 60Hz FFB refresh rate is ancient in comparison, and ACC is using the same physics engine with some tweaks.
I'm talking about driving physics being dated. I guess that's one good thing about iRacing's monthly fee. Continued support.
Driving physics are very detailed. With professional race car drivers using it I guess it has to be.

It will depend on how much they would be paid for, Denis ! :roflmao: ..... So I shouldn't trust it !
Sorry to live in the actual world ... but that's the way it is. :D

The " wash everything cleaner than clean." is more and more .... transparent :whistling: and so much used that everybody should know it. Maybe the truth is elsewhere ? ... but where between true and false ?

Last edited:
It will depend on how much they would be paid for, Denis ! :roflmao: ..... So I shouldn't trust it !
Sorry to live in the actual world ... but that's the way it is. :D

The " wash everything cleaner than clean." is more and more .... transparent :whistling: and so much used that everybody should know it. Maybe the truth is elsewhere ? ... but where between true and false ?
Maybe I should believe you then?
TBH I don't understand what you are saying.
Are you honestly saying that you believe nobody has ever paid a racing driver to say that their sim is realistic?

Don't believe me either as I'm not a real race driver ( except a safe driver on the city roads ) but I'd never give my conclusions as I just know one side and not the other one. ( except as passenger twice in my life ).

I'm believing that it's more the contrary .... pay to say it is realistic while it is not really.

Who's the best one to say it is real or not ? .... the paid one ? or rather the one telling its real truth without being paid ?
Real racing is the real side .... virtual will remain virtual with its qualities but also its mistakes or missing elements.

Do you really believe a paid real driver should tell the whole truth ?....
His words should have to remain publicity and surely nothing else .... Good sides should be promotion .... bad sides ... forgotten for the public. A not paid one ( and freely giving his feeling about a sim ) should surely be better.
I'm no "Daydream Believer" any longer..... business is business, fakes and truths are everywhere in everything we may see without being in the confidence.

OK, I THINK we are basically both saying the same thing.
My original comment was sarcasm - hence the roflmao emoji.
I'm still struggling to understand your comments though.
A case of crossed wires I think. I'll leave it there. :confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back