What does the RACER community drive?

Just curious. I bought my 1st car last week, a 1996 Plymouth Neon coupe.

0625101743.jpg

0625101745.jpg

Attachments

• 0625101743.jpg
    0625101743.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 641
The Series II has put a lot of people off, even on the HSV web forums, they're not all that well liked. The supercharger fitment was only supposed to take a couple of weeks, but it's taking far longer because they're updating the LS3 with LS9 components too, for more power and response. By the end of its surgery, it'll be roughly the same engine that's in the Corvette ZR1, 638 horsepowers and 604 ft-lb torque in that, so it'll be 600+ at least, which will make it more powerful than the W427.
This is a car that I bought wanting to keep it completely standard, and absolutely as HSV designed it...

I heard that Walkinshaw Perfomance also makes nice kits for those engines... what's your opinion on that? Of course, I am Portuguese, but I like aussie muscle xD

I heard that Walkinshaw Perfomance also makes nice kits for those engines... what's your opinion on that? Of course, I am Portuguese, but I like aussie muscle xD

Walkinshaw do their own version of the car, with more power, different badges, and a few other little changes. I'd seriously have paid the extra and bought one, if it had been released when I got mine. It's also the reason I'm having mine breathed on, so it can keep up with the Walkinshaw machines, and then some. I'm not sure what power they serve up, but it's not going to be as much as the powerplant in mine. After about 600bhp, things stop being about brute force, and start being more about handling and power management, so I'm tempted to get some serious anti-roll gear for the car too. I could keep up with the BMWs then.

Walkinshaw do their own version of the car, with more power, different badges, and a few other little changes. I'd seriously have paid the extra and bought one, if it had been released when I got mine. It's also the reason I'm having mine breathed on, so it can keep up with the Walkinshaw machines, and then some. I'm not sure what power they serve up, but it's not going to be as much as the powerplant in mine. After about 600bhp, things stop being about brute force, and start being more about handling and power management, so I'm tempted to get some serious anti-roll gear for the car too. I could keep up with the BMWs then.

Go kick those BMWs!
I when I go on the internet and look at a picture of a aussie muscle car, it always look business! :wink:

@endo: nice ride...I remember driving it in Racer.....the R32. You have one IRL? Is it the best thing on four wheels? People say it is, and I figure its all hype.

@FiftyOrange: that's a nice HSV, is yours that colour?-love it if it is..lol! BTW, IMHO, i like the rims in the picture?-those on your ride too?

It's no race car, that's for sure. BMW can make a super sharp five-seat four-door, but HSV haven't. Mine is red, because they weren't doing them in bright greens or oranges at the time of purchase, and yes, it does have those GTS rims. I like em.

@endo: You have one IRL? Is it the best thing on four wheels? People say it is, and I figure its all hype.

Yes i do,
Well it has four wheels, 4 seats and a boot, and does a decent job racking up mega-miles getting me from A to B sun, rain or snow,......
but as to wheter its the best thing on 4 wheels it all depends on your perspective, and the purpose the car is being used for, and like any car is subject to a lot of bull**** being talked by both haters and fanbois....

at the end of the day, ive had a R33 GTS-t owner tell me my car is crap, and had compliments from guys in Monaros, Lambos, Fezzas and Porsches.
Go figure..

Yes i do,
Well it has four wheels, 4 seats and a boot, and does a decent job racking up mega-miles getting me from A to B sun, rain or snow,......
but as to wheter its the best thing on 4 wheels it all depends on your perspective, and the purpose the car is being used for, and like any car is subject to a lot of bull**** being talked by both haters and fanbois....

at the end of the day, ive had a R33 GTS-t owner tell me my car is crap, and had compliments from guys in Monaros, Lambos, Fezzas and Porsches.
Go figure..

What've you done to it? Standard, the R32 is a great car, but so often (particularly with the crowd I keep) they're modified to s**t.

LOL!...its like a stock CiviC here...a stock what???-lol!:tongue:
Noone (except for geeks and grannies:wink:) has a stock CiviC here....if you were wondering.

@endo, thanks for your comments. I only know the impressions that car made on me when I drove it in Racer. I liked it very much. But I wondered what its like to have one to enjoy IRL.

@FiftyOrange-sweet I like your rims too. And red would look nice in concert with said rims-lol!

Showing off at the Nationals.

Is this the R-8 with a V-10 that everyone wants in Racer? :confused:

I saw it on the Friday when the "cars took over Main Street".

Second is my beast "Big Green Monster" at the Atlantic Nationals :D.

The third is a 09 Shelby GT-500KR, and yes I talked to the owner :wink:.

And no I didn't get: to sit in it, start it nor drive it......but I got pictures!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 100_7873.jpg
    100_7873.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_8063.jpg
    100_8063.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_8003.jpg
    100_8003.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 291
Cool, so I decided to show off the Bullitt I saw at the car show, my Bullitt that I build for the model show, and the Bullitt that I made for Racer.

Attachments

• 100_8095.jpg
    100_8095.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_7954.jpg
    100_7954.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 255
  • my Bullitt.jpg
    my Bullitt.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 253

Latest News

How long have you been simracing