What does the Force Feed back tell me?

Hi, I bought a wheel few months back and never had a chance to play and learn, bought GSC and like it but wasn't sure if I set it up correctly.

Then I looked on the web and people have different opinions on the matter, but to make sure that i'm doing the right thing the first question to ask is

What should I feel?

What is the ffb going to tell me?

What i learnt so far is that the wheel shakes and rumbles according to the road and curbs and that's ok.
Also that the wheel is hard to turn ( according to personal preference) when has grip and become loose when grip is lost ( locking or understeering).

The wheel countersteers if the car is ovesteering and that's another info.

Any other info that the ffb would tell me?

It's probably a dumb question but i couldnt find anything how the ffb works and what it does.

People say that you can fell when the car is on the limit.. how?

If that could be any help i have a fanatec csr ( the forza 4 wheel)

thanks everyone

There wouldn't be thousands of threads and articles on FFB if there would be a general answer to your question ;)

Basically you want as much informations from your wheel as you can get.
Does your car start to lose grip? Is there still enough grip to push any further? Can you feel the spin before you see it on the screen?

If you are happy with your settings (and you can't change that much in GSCE anyways) then that's what you'd want to use.

Agree with xnorb, this has question has taken many many pages in forums. What you are feeling ie: o-steer/u-steer, rumble is all we can get with the average sim racing wheel. The only time I really felt like I was on track was when at a race centre in the UK using full motion simulators, but they cost around £100k ! ;)

There wouldn't be thousands of threads and articles on FFB if there would be a general answer to your question ;)

Does your car start to lose grip? Is there still enough grip to push any further? Can you feel the spin before you see it on the screen?

If you are happy with your settings (and you can't change that much in GSCE anyways) then that's what you'd want to use.[/QUOTE

If you are happy with your settings (and you can't change that much in GSCE anyways) then that's what you'd want to use.

I think my problem is that i dont know what to look for. I played a bit of forza 4 and noticed that the wheel is sort of locked whenbit reaches the grip limit in a corner. I dont think i ever felt that in gsc.

I can see there are a lot of info about tweaking controll and realfeel inis. But i read a lot and still very foggy. Maybe I win the lotto and buy one of those simulators

Last edited:
but remember mate, your wheel wont replicate all the forces a real race driver feels, your almost racing half blind with the lack of forces you feel on sims.

But these devs do a good job with the ffb in these sims. I still think GSC has better ffb than rf2. I know it may not be as accurate with its relation to the physics, but it just feels on the whole much better. The cpm cars do feel better now, but its not as good outta the box.!

It's worth noting that most games stress different things in their FFB settings. In my opinion (and really, that's just my opinion), SCE feels a bit more organic when it comes to road bumps and grip; Assetto Corsa's FFB is very good when it comes to locking wheels and braking, Raceroom's FFB is great for engine vibration, gear shifting, etc. No game has perfect FFB, and it usually becomes a matter of personal taste :)

My experience of console FFB,is that it's very heavy and doesn't translate what the car is doing very well.PC FFB is more subtle and at first feels very weak.But as you practice more and more,you realize what you've been missing with the console.With more practice you begin to feel the subtle behaviour of the car.So my advice is practice practice practice.

Last edited:
Biggest thing to focus on is to ensure you avoid clipping. Often newbies think they should set it as high as possible and make the wheel as heavy as possible but clipping causes the detail of the FFB output to be lost.

With my DFGT I have FFB in SCE at around 65-70%, low settings. Any higher and it'll clip (output less than 100% FFB force at 100% of the wheel's possible force) and then the FFB is less useful.

You can use the real feel console that can be enabled in the RealFeelPlugin.ini.

Find the line that says ConsoleEnabled=False and change it to true then drive a lap of a track in windowed mode. Generally you're probably not going to want to go over 80% with most wheels I suspect.

To be honest, haven't yet worried about playing around with realfeel or any other ini files.
Is window mode needed? Could i just show it on my 2nd monitor?

Also haven't cared about plugins for GSCE until now.
Is there no pedal + clipping plugin like in AC/iRacing around?

Thanks guys, I'll see if i can make it better, maybe my wheel is not that good.
I set my wheel with
FFB 100 ( I change the in game setting)
Sho 100
dpr, spr 0 ( although i think these settings works only on consoles)

Dampening in windows is set to 100%

I think that each car needs to be customized with a different MaxForceAtSteeringRack in realfeel.ini to avoid clipping

It's worth noting that most games stress different things in their FFB settings. In my opinion (and really, that's just my opinion), SCE feels a bit more organic when it comes to road bumps and grip; Assetto Corsa's FFB is very good when it comes to locking wheels and braking, Raceroom's FFB is great for engine vibration, gear shifting, etc. No game has perfect FFB, and it usually becomes a matter of personal taste :)
I never thought of a perfect ffb, just
I tried few different settings and I noticed that at 100% ffb ingame it's just strong and at around 85-90 feels good.
I also tried to turn realfeel on and with that at 100% cant feel changes in the ffb.
If I set Realfeel at 50%, does it mean that it's half realfeel and half normal.
Also dies the normal ffb uses parameter from control.ini and realfeel from the realfeel.ini?
I think I'm getting there, I still have lots to learn though

You should only need to set the in game Stock Car Extreme in the options screen with the slider and leave the realfeel file alone for everything to work properly. Tweaking the realfeel will lead to a result thats outside the scope of what the game devs intended I think.

You should only need to set the in game Stock Car Extreme in the options screen with the slider and leave the realfeel file alone for everything to work properly. Tweaking the realfeel will lead to a result thats outside the scope of what the game devs intended I think.
Should i leave the control.ini untouched too? I hope reiza will give us a plugin to check any clipping with future updates. I'm not really good at this sort of things :)

You should simply be able to use the in game menus. I've never delved into the files except to add realfeel settings for modded cars or to turn on the realfeel console window to check for clipping.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%