What does Raceroom offer over AC/ACC/RF2/AMS2?

So i have only recently gotten into sims in the last few years (bought most of them cheap) and i have most of them but i keep looking at Raceroom and there isnt anything, in terms of content, that isnt available elsewhere and its expensive compared to what i paid for other sims.

So what is it that RRE does that is better than AC, ACC, RF2 and AMS2?

Last edited:
There's quite a lot of content that other sims don't have in the same category of quality.

Another argument is that for online racing, you only need the track and one car from the grid, not all of them.

So what I did was buying all tracks that I like and then buying my favorite car from each category so I can race in all events that I like.

Sound is always very immersive and enjoyable and you have nice race features/rules and a very easy server configuration.

The online challenges are a nice thing too.

Also it drives quite well with a gamepad. So it can be a good entry point for new racers with the free content and an existing controller.
Imo way better than AC, ACC, rf2 and ams1. Pcars1 was as good as raceroom.
I didn't try pcars 2 or ams 2 with my Xbox one controller.

Overall, the other sims combined can surely offer the same, but the package of raceroom definitely is unique and owns its place in the market!

So what is it that RRE does that is better than AC, ACC, RF2 and AMS2?
The best engine sounds in the industry to start with. No game has such immersive engine sounds as R3E. Multiplayer is great and easy to set up also.

And if you own AC, ACC, RF2 and AMS2 already you can't miss out on R3E. Having that many titles means you are a fan and fans have every sim :)

• Deleted member 197115

Base version is free and you can try out any car for free as well, see if it offers anything over what you already have before shelling out money for paid content.
Most of the times simracers tend to settle with one or two favorite sims after trying them all.
And if it's your cup of tea, wait for sales and use VPR (R3E virtual currency) to save some money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just comparing to Iracing and acc, R3E has the best FFB in terms of road feel. I find I can push and react to what the cars doing rather than have to memorise the 'safe' corner entry speed. I also think the netcode is superb. Just feels rock solid racing wheel to wheel and you can even survive a bit of light contact which makes race ending first lap incidents much rarer.

I'm really enjoying it, I just wish the ranked stuff had the substance and progression like iracing. On track superb, off-track the 'portal' interface is annoying.

Last edited:
Apart from the often mentioned sound the mail argument for R3E is the range of content. There are a lot of cars that aren't available in other sims, at least not in good quality. WTCR, GTO, early 2000s era DTM, etc. Be aware that not all cars are on the same level physics wise - there are still a few outliers waiting for an update. There is a handy official guide on the Sector 3 forums detailing which car class is on which physics revision. I'd recommend that for any purchasing decisions. I wish every si in ongoing development had that.

Last edited:
I'd like to add to that that they're slowly but steadily updating their old content to current standards regarding physics implementation and tire model.
Absolutely, And there has been talk over the past few years of upgrading the Graphics Engine rather than making Raceroom 2, I really admire the way they conduct their business, That's why I still continue to invest in their product.

Many awesome sounding cars make it addicting to drive. However having a blast with 134 BMW Judd V8 hillclimb car on normal race tracks (such as Malaysia Sepang). Pushing it to the limit is so satisfying and extremely good for close racing.
And what about pushing the 134 Judd V8 to the limit (or to our limits) on RaceRoom Hillclimbs, to enjoy its engine sound? :D

It's got Macau, what more could you ask for from life but on a serious note I've only just ventured down the R3E road and I can honestly say the best fun I've had in years.

Immersive, sound, AI, FFB, content, it's just fantastic don't know why I haven't tried it sooner.

Give it a go I'm sure you won't be disappointed

• Deleted member 197115

It's got Macau, what more could you ask for from life
Team track-reboot has a very nice one for AC if you want to try it out in other sims. It's not the one hosted on RD, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back