What Does Motorsport Mean to You?

• Deleted member 205301

You know what ? for me Motorsport will always means (or been associated with) one thing : "hot-dog" !! and BBQ smells !!! I cannot separate these 2 things.... I think everyone who, as me, come at least 5-6 time a year on a racetrack during an event (french FFSA GT, Porsche Cup, ELMS, etc, RPS etc..) knows what i'm saying^^.
;)
@++

I've been a motorsport fan since i was born. I grew up near Circuit Zolder and my dad took me to the track every race. I never missed a race in Zolder since i was a kid.
When i was a bit older i did go to other tracks too. I've been to Spa Francorchamps, Nurburgring, Lauzitsring, Zandvoort, TT-Assen, Mettet, Le Mans, Dijon, Brands Hatch, Donington, Deutschland rally (wrc),...
I also been part of many race teams for 15+ years where i was responsible for the timing, pit-board and several small jobs. So i definitely can say i'm addicted to Motorsport.
At this moment due to some serious medical problems i can't go to races anymore, but i do watch a lot of live streams and i also like sim racing.

tenor.gif
This.

It's a form of freedom hard to explain. Once realized, it could be the hardest thing to confront, if you ever lose it.

What motorsports mean to me?

One part of it would be feeling the adrenaline of see the sport itself of drivers racing bumper to bumper. Another part would be the joy to see technology advancing year by year with these advancements slowly trickle down to the road cars. The last part? That would seeing these beautifully engineered machines on track or drive them in a game.

"Motor" comes the latin "Motor" that means "ënjìnë" in nordic. Which is a code phrase word that once deciphered in the enigma machine it means "vehicle".

"Sport" comes from the chinese "我吃屁股" which means "competition".

A few years ago, Cambridge professors of history and civilization discovered that these words together form "Vehicle Competition" which means that "Motorsports" means "vehicles that compete in racing".

There were many nobel prizes given to the people that worked on this discovery of amazing proportions.

I am 52.
So far i know, i always had interest in motorsport.
This is curious, because i am as person not especially interested in taking risks, speed, ...i am not interested in fancy cars and/or motorbike.
But i am fascinated by the famous pilots, famous brands like porsche, ferrari, ...
I am fascinated by the racing car design and history, by the famous races like le mans.
I have always been fascinated by formula one.

I love simracing, probably more because of the community and learning how to be "technically" quicker on the track as winning races.

I used to go looking at races , but not anymore. Too exprnsive, to much money involved all around. But i will probbly go to le mans once again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%