What do you wear when you are simracing? (merged)

A light hearted but hopefully amusingly or interesting one ... (hope its not been done before, or at least for a while).

What do you wear on your feet when you are sim-racing??

I am a stinky barefoot racer myself :becky: (or I might stick some socks on in winter)

• Bill Bailey

The best thing about sim racing is being able to do it naked. :)

We need a new FIA class, naked racing series. :)

Bill

• Jacek Kozlowski

I thought too, started to drive in real pro racing shoes when i changed to ECCI from G25, but very soon i went back to socks, and stayed with it. :)

The forces are indeed much higher that you need to apply to the pedals, but the feel what you can give and get back from the pedals are also much more detailed then any other pedals, so you want to get the highest possible feeling from them. And on top of this, pedal plate structure is very good, not hurting the feets at all, not once i am driving for hours bearfoot, without any issue or hurting.

I think ill go for instant cockpit by ecci too.It is a sort of platform or stand for their pedals -its connects it with office chair(wich i have unfortunetly).Dont know about progresive brake mode2 is it worth to get it??

Sorry for going off topic

• Francis Barker

I use alpinestars race shoes for a "real experiance" when I race, i also have arai helmet for RD race nights, and have just ordered red alpinestars race suit. Cant wait!

Always Barefoot :)

I was even barefoot on the mainstage of the iPowergames Grand Final in Paris, where i was briefly interviewed. Same thing, i did on German Championship Final in GIGA TELEVISION Studio. And I gonna do it on V-WTCC Final in Monza, too :> (so be prepared)The hardest situation was on a german LAN Party in last winter, where it was really really cold, but after some alcohol it was warm again ^.^

I've been using leather dancing shoes for few months and I'm really satisfied with my choice. They are cheap (nine euros), very comfortable and very soft, excellent with the G25 pedals.

Of course my wife makes fun of me when I'm racing with these shoes, my TrackIR cap and my headsets: she has even promised to my colleagues to take some pictures of me with my racing apparel. :pound:

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 336

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%