F1 2010 What Do You Think Of F1 2010 So Far?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

F1 2010 has been out for a while now just want to get peoples opinions of what they think of the game thus far and if they think the game has been a success.

IMO i think the game is really good apart from some glitches here and there the game has been a relative hit and from the feedback and the number of posts on this forum it appears to be taking off rather well with the masses.

The graphics and visuals are are really good and the sound is pretty good too even though i didnt like the sound at first after three seasons of career mode it has grown on me considerably.

One let down to this game is the ridiculous online multiplayer lobbies that take an hour tops to get into unless your hosting for friends.

The interviews and such are a nice little feature but the questions and answers are usually all the same it adds a nice aspect of F1 driving.

But all in all it is a great success from Code Masters not as good as it could have been but a good steeping stone maybe for the next installment or until they patch the problems.

Software could always be better!
Bug Free? There aint no such thing as bug free software, its just how many...

I'm not talking about bugs, them too, but i'm also talking about game design itself, it needed a lot more options, more configurations, a better driving model...

when i say it could've been better, yeah ofcourse everything can be improved, but imo F1 2010 is just Ok, not good, far from being great so there's room to improve.

I'm all for the pure racing and just getting on with it in the rain, but even when the race started it was clear it was still quite dangerous based on how many cars spun off and crashed, after the events of imola 1994 F1 is extremely safety concious, and personally i have no problem with that if it ensures the safety of the drivers. Sure its not that fun to have to watch the cars behind the safety car but to be honest there was plenty of really good racing afterwards and it was quite a unique race.

I personally love F1, theres nothing like it for me and the BBC coverage is nothing short of amazing, but if you dont like the sport you dont have to watch it, at the end of the day.

Just to be on topic, F1 2010 has its issues but its a great game and a great platform for them to go the extra mile with F1 2011

Agree with all of the above, although BBC coverage is only good with Radio 5 commentary on - as Leggard's voice really grates on me.

I think the Mclaren pit crew can be excused due to the spar incident when Vettle put the nose of his RB through Jensons side pod...
What goes around comes around!
George
Mclaren Fan... unashame'ed

Spot on there George. I almost threw the TV out of the window when Vettel pulled that one off at Spa. (and also when Ferrari did theIr legalised cheating at Hockenheim). It was very satisfying for me to watch his engine parts shaking out through the floor of his car!

I am a Webber / Button fan myself, at least they are bit more grown up about things.

Alonso should be removed from the championship if you ask me.

As for the game, I'm addicted. I think that the online stuff could have been thought out better. The penalty system sort of works, but it needs rethinking as far too often I have been ht from behind or barged off the track, and I get the 10 sec penalty for it, it makes no sense.
The kick vote system in public lobbies is poor. The vote expires too quickly, and multiple votes can't take place - ie: the offending player can start a vote first to avoid being voted themselves.
I think the lobbies online take too long to load up.
Lap times are very innaccurate. I was lapping bahrain average 1:53 in a qualy session, returned to pits and there's a 1:45 on the screen :S

Other than that, I like it.

• xKev

I hate the fact that if you go off the track, even slightly in time trial your lap is invalid, sometimes even your following lap!! Other that that its a great game.

• 666 McGuiNess

Watch something else then dude!
The Korea race was great! The start behind the safety car was the only way to go till the visability improved. The drivers said it was the worst conditions ever and vis was terrible. Charlie Whitting made all the correct calls re the race and we could have had nothing...
Perhaps if you had watched the whole season you would have a different oppinion! If you have watched it all, what more do you want mate?

Drive fast
Regards
George
Worst conditions ever ahyy.I guess you dont remember that year at Sao Paulo.Dident look so bad to me,and I believe they said light showers atlest 5 times on the com.Anyway I dont mean to be stepping on anyones toes,but lets get perfectly honest here.None of you ever fell asleep during a F1 race?I guess its just this old man who likes to catch up on a bit of shoteye on sundays during the race

I'm honest to you guys...

This is one of the worst racing games I have ever play. Codemasters please no more racing games ;-)

driving this with a stearing weel is an affront. Totaly ridiculos

Can't belief you drive it here at RD under "Racing Simulations" ? lol You should urgently make a category "arcade fake racing games" just for fun "racing" (if you want call this racing ;-) )

• 666 McGuiNess

This is one of the worst racing games I have ever play. Codemasters please no more racing games ;-)

Can't belief you drive it here at RD under "Racing Simulations" ? lol You should urgently make a category "arcade fake racing games" just for fun "racing" (if you want call this racing ;-) )
I cant say I agree much on this.IMO F1 is one of the best racinggames to hit xbl all year.The racing has been some of the best,and the game is very close to being just about as realistic as I whould ever want from a game

wow way to go shooting the game down i cant say its the worst game ever but if you think it is im not going to argue with it as it would be "ridiculous" to do so :)

i dont know if this has already been said but the realism could be a bit better with the fact that i am driver champion and the highest team i could get a job with was torro rosso...

A bit unrealistic i thinks....

Does anyone have some advice on how to handle the press as i am always praising the team and team mate and where possible other teams as well, but i always get a bad reply from team i havent raced with before, i am currently dominating the WDC in season 3 with Torro Rosso but still havent had a contract offer from anyone but Torro Rosso again...

Just how do you get promoted to a higher team like Mclaren or Red Bull...

what difficulty are you playing on at the moment because if your champion with torro rosso my advice would be to play on a harder setting with the aids turned off and on manual then see what its like

red bull and mcclaren your rep needs to be over 30 for these teams unless you pick one of their drivers as your rival and beat them on the championship standings.

no but it does make it alot more realistic if TCS and ABS are off also tyre and fuel sim on with full damage that will give you the realism you need

also if you want teams to notice you i find that letting them know you are available is always a good thing if the press ask about your availability go with the answer that other teams would want to hear not your team it will not affect your relationship with your current team as they will hardly be expecting you to stay with an uncompetitive team hope this answers your question

I just won the WDC after Monza, i have 315 points and Hamilton in 2nd has 160. I just got a drive offer with Mclaren, i can look at upping the difficult now i thinks... or maybe starting from sctrach with no assists.

BTW i have full damage on and tyre wear and fuel usage only thinks i have to help are ABS and TC, i only have TC on because i find it difficult to control throttle when using a PS3 controller, and i cant afford wheel.

Thanks for the help...

try the TCS on medium to warm to the idea as you will have to feather the throttle just not as much as when its off i have the same problem with my 360 controller codies didnt do much with the throttle sensitivity on the triggers and it is a shame really and you are in the same boat as myself cant afford a wheel but i dont really see the point in one as im so used to using a gamepad

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back