What do you plan on racing for Season 1 2011?

i dont know what to expect from my first season at iracing. i'm in D class in oval and road so i'll probably just be in the Skip ,MX5and the late model. i've a few things to buy aswell as i'll need to get a years subscription. is there any other cars i should get ?(if i have the funds)

The mustang is a good D car, lots of close racing and it will set you up for the GrandAm series when you make C class. I brought the sk oval cars for D and C, but I really didn't care for them to much.

Rookie event's only. Get oval SR above 3 to get into the street stock which is better than the legend ( although south boston's no fun)

Then run some raod inthe mazda to get out of rookie road to. SR suffered badly in Wk13 with a number of idiots undertking revenge attack when i was running at the front of the field at charlotte.

I'll be stuck with the base content again and the Skippy (which I don't like). I've got the V8, but wont be able to drive it outside of testing. Thanks to my boss moving me to a different shift, my wages will drop from next week. I'll be lucky if I can renew my subscription at the end of the month let alone get new content :bad:. Feeding my kids is more important than iRacing.

I started with the Slowstic last year (yuck!!!!) and then quit. Decided to give it another go when I saw some promo offer I liked, and when I got back on I had been promoted to D class (yay!!!!) and then noticed I could actually race more cars. I bought the Mustang and have been driving that all week in hopes of getting my SR up and then doing the Grand-Am series. What's really got my interest peaked on this game is a change to the physics model though. Specifically the inclusion of a proper clutch system. Now if you go full on manual, you're lap times get a big boost, so it's worht it to learn. It has added a layer of depth to the game that other sims are without. Honestly, I haven't enjoyed driving a game this much since I first started sim-racing and switched from a gamepad to a wheel.

Hpe to do a full season in the Skip plus the odd Star Mazda race at tracks I know well already. May also have a crack at some Grand Am stuff with DP / Riley but to be honest to race the Skippy for a season and have a proper run at it will take all my time & concentration.

I do fancy the Class C oval - trucks with longer races and pitstops - quite liked the look of Daytona this week but not got the track yet - may wait until one in later weeks that I can target in advance and practice on and off for - Charlotte or Richmond maybe as I have those tracks.

Cheers

Just going to do RD Mx5 and anything to try to get my D licence.
George
G,
Not sure if you would be interested, but the Club England guys are running 2011 Season One for the MX-5 at a variety of circuits every Wednesday evening. No registration required, just turn up to the hosted sessions and join the fun. Last week was Charlotte - Road, with next weeks event at Silverstone National. Usually around 40 cars hitting the grid each race.

Obviously its for Club England guys only, lol.

Also, running the Jetta/MX-5 series by iRacing may help you some to get the license up towards the D you are striving for, whilst still running the MX-5.

Thanks for that info Daz, I'll check that out.
I a now a D licence so can race other stuff now. Yipee!
I think that I will start racing the Skippy as its seams to be very tricky, and what I learn in that car will help with others, so the iracing speak says...
George
And anything else that Will and Kevin organsie here will get my registration!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%