What do you 'mainly' play your PC sims on?

Just a fun poll, but may also come in handy later as a reference guide if everyone participates.

Due to the recent announcement that ACC is to officially support triples and someone mentioning that it will please a very small amount of people (which was also mentioned a while back regarding VR too) I would like to know what people sim race on.

This is multiple choice (2 choices) as I understand that not all games support all formats.

I have not included 2 screens as people using 2 will most likely play on one and have the other for information etc. Same goes for 4 screens, they will play on 3 and have the other for information.

If you have triples but sometimes only use the middle one due to the game not supporting all 3 then please pick triples and not triples plus monitor. The same if your middle monitor is an ultra wide, plus 2 smaller on the outside.

For transparency I mainly use VR, but have just bought an ultra wide for the odd game that doesn't support it.

So go on cast your vote.

• Deleted member 197115

Racing is VR only. Have big 42" 4K monitor on desk that can be qualified as ultrawide but can't force myself using it with anything that requires steering wheel, it just feels fake despite large FOV.
Works a treat for shooters though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
What would you expect on a website only for sim racers population that visit forums and answer polls?
We are a niche community in a niche market.
What I was trying to say is this data will not be in correlation with entire sim racing userbase.
You'll see bigger percentage of triples and VR here, of course.
Yes, I know I am stating obvious.

Upvote 0
What I was trying to say is this data will not be in correlation with entire sim racing userbase.
You'll see bigger percentage of triples and VR here, of course.
Yes, I know I am stating obvious.
Yeah I agree, but I don't know of any way to ask the entire sim racing database, but this is a good 'snap shot' of RD members I guess.

But it gives us a good idea in this sample where things are in this community :)

Yes and it will hopefully put an end (or give justification) to those who state 'why concentrate on VR/Triples etc, when they are a niche market in a niche area', if we have an idea of who uses what.

Upvote 0
The list on iracing has stopped being updated since June but it was up to 1850 iracing VR users. My names not on it and neither are all the guys I know that use VR with iracing so I wonder how many more people there really are. I don't think most members even go on to their forums. Would certainly be interesting to see what iracing know. I am sure they log who is using VR and how many.

Upvote 0
VR exclusively for me, I am very pleased and impressed that VR is so popular, judging by this poll. I know, it is only representative of the people here gravitating around RD, still I did not expect, even in those conditions, such a large number, good to see.
A few years back, we were often ridiculed by many, named the VR mafia, it seems that now, at least around here, we are now the largest group, way ahead of triples and single monitors.
I hope developers will see this thread.

Upvote 0
The thing is, EVERY poll is only representative of those asked to participate and then judged only on those wanting to respond.
Run this poll on the iRacing forums and it will be a similar result I bet.
The only way t get a true reflection is to automatically get the info from peoples computers. But even that is flawed because it will only be by those willing to allow them to.

Upvote 0
I wish I could use VR, but motion sickness kills that option for me.
Would need a motion rig in addition then I reckon... :cautious:
But not really fond of any appliances which shut me off from reality completely. Even headphones is kind of non-natural for me.

Upvote 0
Pity this poll isn't getting close to the response numbers that the "Rate ACC" or similar polls are getting. Apparently many fewer people ever look into the hardware sections. We haven't, for instance, even had a vote from @Metla that he uses a projector.
upload_2019-10-19_12-52-59.png

Upvote 0
I wish I could use VR, but motion sickness kills that option for me.
Would need a motion rig in addition then I reckon... :cautious:
But not really fond of any appliances which shut me off from reality completely. Even headphones is kind of non-natural for me.

The Index has full range off ear speakers to make things feel more ambient.
VR is the bomb!!!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%