What do you like about ETS2? For a non-player

I'm a big fan of racing simulators, playing Assetto Corsa mostly, but played many other games. What is the appeal of this game? I understand what it's mostly about, but interested to know generally what people enjoy about playing this game and what the multiplayer is all about. Thank you

Don't really care about MP, used to play sp while ago and mostly it is relaxing ... Surprisingly just driving through the country within speed limits with some virtual purpose , listening to the music, thinking is more fun that you would expect..

Last edited:
On top of @ouvert's points I'd add the satisfaction from a narrow manoeuvring (Trameri entrance gate - I'm talking about you here!), nicely completed reverse parking and generally anything you wouldn't think such massive vehicle can do under your control. It is very satisfying. The vanilla map is not very challenging, but you can tweak the difficulty level with variety of mods or use different maps.

I play single player, base game with the DLCs. I love grabbing a cup of coffee, turning on a good podcast, and then just driving basically - doing a delivery. Normally i'll fire up ETS2 after playing R3E for a bit in the evenings. It's just very relaxing. I also enjoy watching the scenery in triple monitors, still has not gotten old for me, especially with the day/night cycle. I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys gaming but not super fast paced destruction all the time.

Tried the demo yesterday & went on to buy the game. As I will soon be training to become a HGV driver to earn my living, this could be a real handy tool to get a feel for driving. The game itself is great, looks very nice on 4K & 50 + FPS. Top marks from me

Cruising along through the night, listening to a Belgian reggae station, checking out the sunrise along the river and getting my load of potatoes delivered on time....suprisingly satisfiying. Great training for the kids too...my daughter loves it.

I'm German living in Australia. For me it's kinda helping getting over homesickness ;)

I drove everywhere by car and motorbike back in the days. Cant do that today anymore. So it's sort of a therapy. Listening to European radio stations, driving through Europe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%