What Default track do you want to race next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys it your turn to choose a default track to race on for next month
We will be using the default TC-65 class (unless stated in the race post) and this is for the Tuesday nigh race,
The sever will be up all month and all the default TC-65 class will be available to test with each week we will choose 2 cars to race with. default car list found HERE

Thursday night will be more of the same we will use the league cars from last season on a track.
I will put up the links for the car pack so all the cars can be tested at your leisure. and we will choose 2 for each event.

If you want to race on a different night to the 2 official nights that is not a problem just post in the club section and see if others also want to race, All i ask is that we use the same time starts 19:00GMT or 2 hours slots from this time .

Last edited:
I'm no alien, but I'll chuck in my experience here.

First up, I followed a very similar learning curve as described by Antonio. I have never tried to match aliens by just trying to drive as fast as possible through corners, braking extremely late, or using setups provided by aliens. All that leads to (IMO) is heaps of mistakes, lots of crashes, and mega frustration.
My approach was, and still is, to learn the track and the car's behaviour, and to find the fastest CONSISTENT lap time that I can do without crashing or spinning. Eliminating mistakes has brought me more success than speed in RD events. However, as others have explained, there are no easy shortcuts to finding your best / consistent lap times. It just takes lots of practice laps.
One personal point about the need to set up on-line training events where you follow someone else. Whilst this can be useful later, I don't think this is the best training initially. Practicing off-line is far more valuable to learning the car and track. You can try different things (driving lines, braking points, how hard to brake or apply power, even fiddle with setups ) much more effectively on your own without other distractions. After all, you are trying to find your own consistent and fastest pace. It also helps build confidence, rather than frustration at not being able to match another on-line driver. Once you have done the hard yards and learned the track very well, and have a good feel for how the car handles, then the on-line training with others can be helpful to fine tune things.

When you get into the races, try to resist the temptation to drive beyond your own limits. I pass waaaay more cars due to their mistakes than I have ever passed through superior speed or later braking.

I actually started my own learning process by watching laps from the better drivers. My good friend Atti Domjan used to supply me with hotlaps he had done. I'd then study them for driving lines, gear selections, braking points, etc and try to copy them as best I could. Of course I could never match Atti's speed, but I learned heaps that way. I'm sure others here are happy to provide hotlaps for drivers to learn from, just ask.

A quick word about setups. Learn what each setup parameter does, and try to make your own setups to suit your driving style. Alternatively, find those from drivers who consistently make setups that suit you. What suits the alien most likely won't suit you. I personally try to make my setups for better stability, rather than a difficult but potentially faster setup. I also know whose setups suit me, and often use theirs as starting points for my own.
The final word on making setups, don't start changing things until you can drive multiple laps to within about 0.5 secs, otherwise you never know what is improving the lap time.

Rupe (and others) have emphasised smoothness. Never a truer word applies here. Rapid jerking of the wheel, or overly aggressive application of throttle and brake can be killers, especially with highly powered cars. Be prepared to brake a little earlier if it helps to setup a more stable entry to a turn. This then will allow you to get the best exit by applying power earlier. Faster / cleaner exits is far more important than later braking (for me anyway).

As far as learning to drive cleanly in traffic, it's a lot easier if you do the above first. Only when you are comfortable in the car, and know the track, can you then have a good chance of driving more closely with other cars around you.

Blimey, I wrote a bit of a book here, sorry. Hopefully someone read it all and found something useful. :whistling:

That's precisely it Warren, the "book" thing! ;)
One has the fundamental notions clear in one's mind, and they appear so simple and concise...but once you start to write about them, you always have something more to add, relations to establish, etc. And when you look, you wrote a whole page and there's yet so much more to be said!

That why I advised all to read the book I mentioned early: all there is to know is there, explained by a race coaching professional in a clear language without the sometimes fastidious technical details you find in other books. Its relatively cheap (around 15 dollars / 15 euros), and it's the best investment in simracing you'll ever do. And I guarantee one thing: once you start to read it, you won't be able to stop, because it's like a revelation.
You can read the first pages here, and then decide if you want/need to read the rest:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spee...h-Performance/dp/0760340501#reader_0760340501

rb.JPG

Ok. I voted and on a side note, having some sort of get together on Sundays was mentioned a few nights ago. Maybe this could be geared toward training/driving school, at least initially. I'm willing if not always able.;)

The option to get on the server is there every night of the week,
All you have to do is post in the relevant club event that your on the server and want to practice,
All i can say is post early don't leave it until the last minute give the guys a chance to plan and maybe join up.:)
Sunday night might be a good night for this:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back