What Camera do you race with?

• John Mactavish

once i got my 27.5" LCD finally switched to cockpit view...turned off the HUD...its awesome using the dashboard speedometer and the gear shift display... i like how some cars have the lights for the tachometer.

I'll typically use action, or cockpit. A lot of times, the cockpit is too confining. I hate the swingman view. Too arcadish for me. Since I've never been priviledged to do any real racing, I try to get as close as possible to what would be realistic. I'm more about the simulation than winning.

I'm currently transitioning from bonnet/hood to cockpit, and finding it fairly painless, to be honest.

It still doesn't make me think I'm actually in a car instead of my little office/study/bloke retreat, mind you. :biggrin:

I drive with bonnet cam. Gives me a good idea whats going on ahead and on the sides (with peek-around controls). Inspired by the "ITS A SIM" -argument I've tried the cockpit view. I'm a bit slower while using it but the bigger problem to me is the waste of space.

Cockpit gives you a thin slice of the view compared to bonnet. I've been tweaking the fov but haven't found a good setting... I feel like being at a disadvantage against other drivers.

bonnet_vs_cockpi&#116.jpg

Was a swingman man exclusively before. I got a steering wheel recently, tried driving from the cockpit view, and found it much better.

Trying out a new track now, switched back to swingman, to see the track better, and it was awful, had no idea what was going on with the car. Cockpit all the way.

I voted ages ago on this, but just another insight.

I use cockpit, but the SimBin mirrors aren't right so I usually turn those off and use virtual. If they had mirrors like iRacing has then I'd use the real mirrors too. Personally I'd like to see it locked to cockpit like in iRacing but for that we need proper adjustable mirrors :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back