What Camera do you race with?

wow! totally caught me off guard with this!!! i use cockpit but i see some of the aliens use the bonnet cam. Always wanted to get the true sim feeling but maybe using bonnet cam with virtual mirrors could get me an extra second.

but there again it is me we're talking about so probably not. gonna give it a go though! :D

wow! totally caught me off guard with this!!! i use cockpit but i see some of the aliens use the bonnet cam. Always wanted to get the true sim feeling but maybe using bonnet cam with virtual mirrors could get me an extra second.

but there again it is me we're talking about so probably not. gonna give it a go though! :D

Its just personal preference. Drive what suits you best.
Aliens drive with cockpit/hood/clutch on|off/FFB on|off/etc.
What is real... only real thing is real racing. Only a few of us know what it is. Unfortunately not me; still waiting for that phonecall from Ron Dennis.

Talking about real; iRacing is seems the simulator, and still you can reset your car for a number of times like an arcade title. Not exactly the same, but its still called a reset.

In that case Netkar pro must still be the ultimate sim, In hardcore mode you had to wait for your car to get fixed by the pit crew, upto 20 mins at times lol.

Back ontopic, Bonnet cam all the way! only for the simple reason of having a better view, I like driving cockpit the most as the head physics help you feel the car. But then im slower and crash more hehe.

Like Ramon said, it all comes to presonal preference, and for me it's all front view. I just like that view cause of that great sense of speed. I just feel comfortable with it.

I don't mind driving a cockpit view in case it's forced on a server, allthough I need some practice with it, but just because of the great sense of speed, I stick with the all front view.

tried bonnet/hood view last night (both in race and gtr2)

Took a while to get used to this view but starting to feel hitting more apex's. Not made much of an improvement if any on times, but thats where I'm missing some of my breaking points now (ie: where x passes door mirror stamp on the anchors). Just need to readjust. Thinking some improvement may be from the extra fps I'm getting as its flowing a lot smoother now not having to draw the car and all the internal gadgets.

Still struggle with the RWD though, snapping out at back when changing down gear to aggresivley.... but thats another story. :)

For me it usually depends on which game I'm playing. My PC spec is very modest and I get significant fps hits from Cockpit view in Race 07, so I use bonnet. I also don't think the Race 07 cockpit view is realistic to the real life driving position (well not the way I drive in real life anyway).
However, for GTL, and now rFactor, the cockpit view is great and I prefer that one.

I never really got the hang of the RWD cars, somehow did not feel in control with them. Just now i tried again the BMW, changed to cockpit view, and i was in wonderful control of the car from that view... interesting... why the hell i did not try before... lol

So strange, all other FWD cars i feel in better control from hood, but the BMW for me was almost close to undriveable from hood view, but in cockpit... i loved it! I finally felt the car from the first second i was driving it, like if it would have been a different car. Ok, i think there is a new challenge for me now to practise!

Atti - you are dead right, i find that any car that i drive which slides around a bit is much easier to drive on the inside, as you can see how the car is reacting much easier in my opinion.

Cockpit view for me in any car, whatever the game :)

• Kyle Evers

I too find it interesting that most people don't. That was one of my main rants about Forza 2 - no cockpit view.

I use cockpit view or action view (basically still cockpit) when I play GTR Evo. With rFactor, I always use cockpit view. Even in the F1 cars. The only exceptions are with the Fabcar Restyle Porsche mod and DTM 2007 because one of the home key cams is nice and the way the camera is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back