What cables for BK w/ Behringer NX3000D

I have installed a Buttkicker LFE on my seat platform and pedal platform, however, the amp I wish to order is not in stock for another month or two. From what I have read in this forum, the Behringer NX3000D is the way to go because of something called DSP. Correct me if I am wrong. Since I do not have the amp, or its manual, I have no idea what I need in the way of cables. I would rather have the cables here waiting for the amp to be in stock instead of ordering cables after it arrives. It will just mean things will be up sooner than later. I do not like to spend money on inferior cables, so a better quality manufacture is the direction I would go.

Thanks for any help

i've just got a few nx1000d for my buttkicker project, cable wise you'll need speakon connectors for the output to the buttkicker, for the input you have a multi plug which will either take XLR, 1/4 inch TS or 1/4 inch TRS connectors

Upvote 0
i've just got a few nx1000d for my buttkicker project, cable wise you'll need speakon connectors for the output to the buttkicker, for the input you have a multi plug which will either take XLR, 1/4 inch TS or 1/4 inch TRS connectors
Thank you for your help. However, you are speaking in terminology which I do not understand.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help. However, you are speaking in terminology which I do not understand.
1618367039277.png

Upvote 0
I have a related question. I would like to make my own Speakon cables with custom lengths but I cannot find rubber jacketed loudspeaker bulk cables (2 and 4 core) in the US. I am trying to avoid PVC outer covering because I need flexible cables.

Upvote 0
Hi All.
Been an avid reader of the forums and it aided in my decision to upgrade to an NX3000D.
I aim to run my existing ButtKicker Gamer2 transducer in the pedal box and a Buttkicker Advance (when it arrives) under the seat.
I purchased a 12m length of Speakon interconnect wire for the output. Which I cut in half to give me two separate channels.
I purchased a Hosa Stereo Breakout 3.5mm to XLR cable for the input from my motherboard to the Amp.
Now herein lies the problem.
My input sensitivity is so low; that even with gains on the Amp and DSP cranked up, there is barely any input let alone output.
I've tried all the settings I can think of, but nothing increases the sensetivity.
My existing BK-130Ci Amp doesn't have this problem. Plug and play!
I tried connecting my phone (Samsung Galaxy s7 edge) into the Amp using the same cables. The Input was only marginally better, as I had to drive the phones output into the red to get any input gains on the Amp.

I can connect the Amp to my computer via the NXedit app and change settings fine. It's currently running the V1 software.

The fans on the Amp are going flat-out all the time, even when there is no load.
So I attempted to upgrade the firmware, but the Nxusbupdate1-1 software doesn't run on any of my windows 7 - 11 machines.
It just pops up a brief window and autocloses all the time.
Does this sound like an issue with the Amp, or is the firmware install app borked?

So to summise:
*V1 firmware can't be upgraded.
*Input sensitivity extremely low

What is the best cable to connect my Amp to my motherboard
my PC?

Thanks for the help guys.

Upvote 0
That sounds quite strange. I have the NX1000D and works fine.
To connect from my PC to the amp, I use a simple splitter that has 1/8th jack on one end (PC, MB audio out), split to 2x 1/4 jacks on the other end (L and R amp inputs)

I'd try to find a 'factory reset' or something and go from there. I use the output limit function on one channel in the software because that channel I have a mini lfe and sometimes friends innocently adjust the amp knobs before you can catch them (so better to have a limit and try to prevent disaster)

For some reason this box in the software (the output limit function) shows as blank when I close/reopen the software. So even if I know it is limited, the software just shows blank. It must be a bug or something. Anyway, perhaps you have an output limit activated, but cannot tell due to similar software bug???

I also have to say, the way those profiles are saved/displayed in the software, is very buggy. When I re-open my NXEdit, it doesn't even tell me what profile I'm using. So, perhaps you set/saved a profile that keeps getting reloaded, without even knowing it???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%