F1 2010 What bugs you the most about this game?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I thought it would be useful to have a thread where we get to vent our frustrations in a friendly/humorous manner :cool: :wink:

Raced Budapest today and qualified 6th (sweet) but dropped to 9th in the first lap. After a slight skid on the 1st corner around lap 10 I dropped to 12th and held that until it was time to pit. Now I know enough about the game to not listen to Rob when he tells you to pit and opted to stay out for 3 more laps. But that didn't matter and dropped to 18th after my pit stop, some focused driving landed me in 16th at the checkered flag.

The AI was having putting in crazy fast times! (The first blue flag I saw was around lap 16) And I know there is nothing fun about being blue flagged but when Rob tells you to slow down he should say "Blue flag, Pull over and stop the car" because the AI takes FOREVER to pass you. What is worse is the game tends to wave the blues way too early and you are in for a penalty unless you slow down even though Fernando is no where near you.

Rob really gets on my nerves too, always going on about how alonso is pitting. Or how Rosberg is going to pit in 3 laps, only to change his mind 2 laps later and say that Rosberg is going to pit in 5 laps. Rob needs to go back to primary school and learn math again. He keeps forgetting to tell me I am about to run out of fuel in practice too, I think he has a grudge.

And I know I can shut him up I am just having a laugh thank you :wink:

I agree with you Ragnarok, after the patch the pits are much better. They will need to get rid of the pit lane ghosting and maybe give full pit lane control (no AI automatically taking over for you), but pitting is much better post-patch.

The pitting system is being redone for F1 2011 so I do hope they remove all the issues people have with it.

1. They should make the car & tracks faster/slower to the real race records on a circuit. Like San Paulo... lapping 1.07s and on other tracks i cant even come close to it.

2. Sometimes you drive 5 secs away from a driver and in 1 corner the car is right behind you.

3. Overtaking some one in Q and he posts a faster laptime? o.O

4. When the guys tell you to wait while your pitting... from race leader to last place :)

5. The different between time trial and career. I want to test my car but in time trial almost everything works because the car drives perfect.

6. And just a question... when you turn traction control off... is it with a wheel easier to race than a joystick?

I remember an update message when i first played the game, but still the same pit issue. after the car is fueled i am held for another 3 to 5 secs & any other cars in the pits get to pass me & the cars on the track fly bye, then im released - in last place or next to last. same thing every race - sucks. starting to ruin the game for me.

blocking in qualification , training on the hole track

the pit lane bug in malaysia

the KI has some funny overtake places on all tracks

Codemasters deleted the visual weather system with patch. omg with fix it comes back but the raindrops locks like s-h-i-t

slow speed and spinning in sand and stone areas.

tire exploding. no feedback why the tire destroys because its full random.

handling with pad - it takes to much time from side to side. driving thorough shicanes is dangerous as hell.

LOW RESOLUTION TEXTURES. why every games has such low textures. -.-

damage modell is very bad.

KI drives like noobs.

i dont think that codemasters will fix this for 2011. codemasters bought the license but whats the result?

a buggy game.

blocking in qualification , training on the hole track

the pit lane bug in malaysia

the KI has some funny overtake places on all tracks

Codemasters deleted the visual weather system with patch. omg with fix it comes back but the raindrops locks like s-h-i-t

slow speed and spinning in sand and stone areas.

tire exploding. no feedback why the tire destroys because its full random.

handling with pad - it takes to much time from side to side. driving thorough shicanes is dangerous as hell.

LOW RESOLUTION TEXTURES. why every games has such low textures. -.-

damage modell is very bad.

KI drives like noobs.

i dont think that codemasters will fix this for 2011. codemasters bought the license but whats the result?

a buggy game.

If you are on PC, the AI issues, post patch pixilated raindrops and tyre resolution can all be fixed.

I remember an update message when i first played the game, but still the same pit issue. after the car is fueled i am held for another 3 to 5 secs & any other cars in the pits get to pass me & the cars on the track fly bye, then im released - in last place or next to last. same thing every race - sucks. starting to ruin the game for me.
Perhaps post this on the CM forums, maybe you'll get a better response...they'll have probably moved on to F1 2011 though 8-(

If you are on PC, the AI issues, post patch pixilated raindrops and tyre resolution can all be fixed.

You are very correct Paul, thank gods we have the modders here to save this game. I would say Scrush is right to point out that CM put out a very incomplete game and I mirror his complaints. As consumers we shouldn't have to be saved by modders, the devs should just put out a great game.

At the same time I know that CM had a tough time with the deadline for release. I am expecting F1 2011 to receive the TLC that F1 2010 did not.

I really enjoy the game but there is a lot about it I dislike.

AI unaffected by tyre wear and fuel effect
Tyre and brake heat management is featured but non-existant
Lack of season stats and car telemetry
Replays are dire!
Handling is too arcadey

yes i am on pc. i have the abu dhabi 1.1 pack, and the most rddev mods and the pirelli tyres. looks fantastic but the AI issuas are still there.

is a fix for fuel simulation available ? i play without fuel sim and without damage.

in the abu dhabi pack there is the true ai mod, ans some other fixes for the KI. but on legend i drove the pole position with 2,5 seconds faster than position two. with the torro rosso. after 15 rounds i finished the race the 3rd place. now im driving 100% race because bahrain sucks everytime new savegame ^^

- force india bug.
- fuel sim and tyre sim have to be deleted. time trial mode says nothing about driving skill.
- AI doesnt change tyres in rain.
- cause the arcade handling no highspeed spins.

AI unaffected by tyre wear and fuel effect
Tyre and brake heat management is featured but non-existant

yes and these two things.

- the pitlane exit in Korea was changed in reallife. but ingame its old. a simply patch from codemasters but nothing..

- in monaco there a many many failures on the track ( walls) i think you know what i mean^^
- monaco pitlane exit - the AI drives here. in one race i came out of the box. and 2 AI cars crashed in my back.-.-

- and look at that :

here is he malaysia bug :

here monaco :

and the AI is blind :
:D

and this happens very often :

What bugs me the most are the people complaining, even six months after release, about the bugs. That's what bugs me!
:D

If complaints are legitimate and the game still has bugs/glitches to be patched, then forumites should be able to vent their spleen. Good thing TDU2 isn't very popular here as that has more bugs than Race Pro (but I still love it).

I've only had a single issue; the car got stuck in the pits and wouldn't move after I selected to run an R&D session. F1 2010 is a great game thus far.

Cheers.

I love driving in this game and the graphics are great, but I hate the AI. Yes I run the PC version and there are some good mods which improve the AI, but it is still dorked out from the inner bowls of the CodeMaster racing engine. Never thought I would play my several year old copy of "GTR Evolution" game again, but recently I installed a "Porsche Cup Car" mod, installed most of the same tracks we race here and began running a Porsche Cup car season in GTR Evo. The AI in GTR Evo is far from perfect, it too has it's issues. But I have been having some outstanding races there and the best thing is, I know I am actually racing other cars on the track. You can either stop your car (or view the replay after the race) and see exactly what each and every AI opponent did on the track. There is none of this "invent lap times" out of thin air in GTR Evo.

I sure hope CM's improves the AI in the 2011 version of this game. Otherwise maybe I should just get back into iRacing. If I am going to deal with wacky opponents, they might as well be real. Too bad, as driving these cars in this game is fun.

Just started playing (Xbox version) and while there is a lot to like about the game, I have to agree with others that the main problem is the behaviour of the AI. I've only done 2-3 races in career mode with my Lotus and am already noticing the tendency of the AI to slow down on certain parts of the track. I should add that I am a very average driver (I play career on professional and still finish near the bottom of the pack !), so you would think I might even welcome the opportunity to remain competitive during a race, but the fact is that if I am going to beat the AI, I get a lot more satisfaction knowing that I have earned the victory, rather than having it handed to me on a plate.

Now, I realize that CM has to appeal to the widest possible audience to boost sales etc, but I don't understand why you can't do this and the same time have realistic AI behaviour. From what I have read on these and other forums, all people seem to be asking for is consistent AI behaviour, but perhaps this is considered too boring for a mass market audience ? After all, I would imagine that the lap times of most casual gamers are not very consistent (myself included) and as not everyone has hours of time to devote to perfecting their racing techniques this is why you have the 'rubber banding' effect in so many racing games (at least for the consoles), which presumably makes it more exciting.

It's a difficult one to call. Most people probably just want to jump on and have fun, whereas the purists of course want the game to mimic real life as much as possible. Hopefully Codemasters can find a happy medium for F1 2011.

Of course F12010 is the best of all F1 games. I played rFactor for a long time and now I can tell you that AI in F12010 is much more better than rFactor's AI. However there are some bugs of AI in F12010. But biggest bugs are replay's system and race statistic. They are very-very poor and terrible. Even f12002 has much more better replay's system and statistic "lap by lap" than F12010.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%