What brought you to RD and its forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +606
    Almost two years ago, I came here for setups on F1 2010.

Then, I got a message telling me I needed to register to view the threads.

Then, I got a message saying I needed more posts.

I fully committed and have found my niche and found some awesome people here.

I also came here to download F1 2010 mods and improve myself against the online arena.

EDIT - Once in a while, I post at the NoGripRacing forums as McLaren_Fan90

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,083
    Nov 2010 was when when i signed up with Racedepartment. I had bought Race On and GTR Evo and needed installation advice so using Google i found this site.

Then i discovered mods here and how friendly people are and has become my home away from home.

I myself am a member of a few other sites but my time is mostly spent here. It is my favorite place to be:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +747
    I was looking for Race07 mods when I found RD and I signed-up :)

4. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    You can blame BTB for me being here....
    LoL:D;)

5. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    I got a cheap wheel, and started looking into some organized racing. First place I got to, nice forums, cool racing stats (never forgotten!), I stuck around :)

6. Shane Butler

Shane Butler

Ratings:
    +749
    Yeah basically I signed up to this site over the summer to find a racing league. At first I really only looked at that page but then I looked around and found the other cool threads in this forum.

7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,864
    When pitstopboss opened it's forums in RaceDepartment, along with Daniel Higgins and Resi Respati, came here. Then pitstopboss game died... Still here :D

8. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    League of Legends Play by Play Caster Premium

Ratings:
    +4,526
    just bought F1 2010, went looking for custom helmet skins.
    Said I needed to be a member, so I joined, then got a liscence just for the hell of it.
    Haven't regretted a moment since :thumbsup:

9. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +769
    I had had Race 07 for a few months and had started racing online in public servers. I was a full-time member of NoGrip at the time and was lamenting the fact that there was no online racing in my time zone that I could do. I said as much on the NoGrip forums, and Attila Domjan sent me a PM telling me about RD, adding that they were planning to start up a series of Racing Club events in the Australian time zone. I signed up, met Warren Dawes and others that are still active on these forums, and took part in my first organised online race. The rest is history, and 4 years later, here I am today!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon

Ratings:
    +412
    More or less the same, except Bram PM'd me at NoGrip, next thing I know I was in one of the Friendly Devleopement meetings (on a Sauturday morning I think.) I remember the white RD Friendly Development skins for Race 07 quite fondly for this. Anyway, dropped out a few times but the place keeps drawing me back:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Peter Duivelaar

Peter Duivelaar

Ratings:
    +26
    I bought Race 07 and after a few weeks I noticed there was a big WTCC tournament at RD with guys like Greger Huttu participating, so I signed up for that league and since then I'm a member of RD :)

12. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,782
    Been here since May 2008 :)
    Started writing a year or two after that but have always read it.
    when Xenforo update came along i was mindblown, easily the best forum software created in terms of usability.
    I guess that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Oh and a shout-out to Bram, love the guy even though we donĀ“t get along every single time :D

13. Peter

Peter
    who cares

Ratings:
    +669
    I was googeling Race games after NFS Pro street was such a big succes:poop: and the first link was RD in 2008.
    I didn't know the word Racesim or what it was.

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,844
    I needed a club so I could get away from the public's and I thought the classes of cars driven and the quality of driving was worth sticking around for. I guess I went looking for a good crew and found one.

15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,831
    An interesting topic, probably useful for gathering lots of interesting history of the development of RD.

I go back a fair way, about 10 yrs ago, when RD in it's current form didn't yet exist.
    I was an avid FlightSim fan who wanted to see what SimRacing was like. I found a small group named RPM (Roaring Pipes Maniacs) led by Bram, who were using Race 07 which I had just bought. After seeking some info, I was advised / encouraged by Atti Domjan to join the Team. Since I was a beginner, I was pretty reluctant to join these mainly Dutch and Hungarian speedsters, but Bram, Atti, and some of the others were very helpful, and I became hooked.

From then on, I was part of the Group through the development phases at RaceSimCentral until it evolved finally into the new group of Racedepartment. We all went through a few rocky periods, but it is great to see Bram's dream develop into such a popular and progressive Community, covering so many forms of Motor Racing and SimRacing.

As I approach my retirement, I'm pretty ancient now, I have high hopes that the unique friendly environment continues here at Racedepartment. :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Ratings:
    +846
    Some friends told me about the Rally Championship here and just joined in late 2011 :D

17. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +606
    I will have to admit, I have been to NoGripRacing and SimRacingWorld (I was a subscriber on there).

I have not seen a community more unified than RaceDepartment's community.

You guys are awesome!

18. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller

Ratings:
    +176
    I joined after F1 2010 was rubbish and I was really looking for a sim and I found netKar pro on here and joined up for club racing. I may be addicted to this site now.:geek:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,200
    Pretty much my story as well. I've been very active on GTPlanet before. :)

20. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,485
    I can't remember why I sat down at the computer just now, so what chance of remembering this.:D

• Like Like x 2