What brought you to RD and its forums?

Almost two years ago, I came here for setups on F1 2010.

Then, I got a message telling me I needed to register to view the threads.

Then, I got a message saying I needed more posts.

I fully committed and have found my niche and found some awesome people here.

I also came here to download F1 2010 mods and improve myself against the online arena.

EDIT - Once in a while, I post at the NoGripRacing forums as McLaren_Fan90

Nov 2010 was when when i signed up with Racedepartment. I had bought Race On and GTR Evo and needed installation advice so using Google i found this site.

Then i discovered mods here and how friendly people are and has become my home away from home.

I myself am a member of a few other sites but my time is mostly spent here. It is my favorite place to be:thumbsup:

Yeah basically I signed up to this site over the summer to find a racing league. At first I really only looked at that page but then I looked around and found the other cool threads in this forum.

When pitstopboss opened it's forums in RaceDepartment, along with Daniel Higgins and Resi Respati, came here. Then pitstopboss game died... Still here :D

just bought F1 2010, went looking for custom helmet skins.
Said I needed to be a member, so I joined, then got a liscence just for the hell of it.
Haven't regretted a moment since :thumbsup:

I had had Race 07 for a few months and had started racing online in public servers. I was a full-time member of NoGrip at the time and was lamenting the fact that there was no online racing in my time zone that I could do. I said as much on the NoGrip forums, and Attila Domjan sent me a PM telling me about RD, adding that they were planning to start up a series of Racing Club events in the Australian time zone. I signed up, met Warren Dawes and others that are still active on these forums, and took part in my first organised online race. The rest is history, and 4 years later, here I am today!

I had had Race 07 for a few months and had started racing online in public servers. I was a full-time member of NoGrip at the time and was lamenting the fact that there was no online racing in my time zone that I could do. I said as much on the NoGrip forums, and Attila Domjan sent me a PM telling me about RD, adding that they were planning to start up a series of Racing Club events in the Australian time zone. I signed up, met Warren Dawes and others that are still active on these forums, and took part in my first organised online race. The rest is history, and 4 years later, here I am today!
More or less the same, except Bram PM'd me at NoGrip, next thing I know I was in one of the Friendly Devleopement meetings (on a Sauturday morning I think.) I remember the white RD Friendly Development skins for Race 07 quite fondly for this. Anyway, dropped out a few times but the place keeps drawing me back:thumbsup:

Been here since May 2008 :)
Started writing a year or two after that but have always read it.
when Xenforo update came along i was mindblown, easily the best forum software created in terms of usability.
I guess that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Oh and a shout-out to Bram, love the guy even though we don´t get along every single time :D

I was googeling Race games after NFS Pro street was such a big succes:poop: and the first link was RD in 2008.
I didn't know the word Racesim or what it was.

I needed a club so I could get away from the public's and I thought the classes of cars driven and the quality of driving was worth sticking around for. I guess I went looking for a good crew and found one.

An interesting topic, probably useful for gathering lots of interesting history of the development of RD.

I go back a fair way, about 10 yrs ago, when RD in it's current form didn't yet exist.
I was an avid FlightSim fan who wanted to see what SimRacing was like. I found a small group named RPM (Roaring Pipes Maniacs) led by Bram, who were using Race 07 which I had just bought. After seeking some info, I was advised / encouraged by Atti Domjan to join the Team. Since I was a beginner, I was pretty reluctant to join these mainly Dutch and Hungarian speedsters, but Bram, Atti, and some of the others were very helpful, and I became hooked.

From then on, I was part of the Group through the development phases at RaceSimCentral until it evolved finally into the new group of Racedepartment. We all went through a few rocky periods, but it is great to see Bram's dream develop into such a popular and progressive Community, covering so many forms of Motor Racing and SimRacing.

As I approach my retirement, I'm pretty ancient now, I have high hopes that the unique friendly environment continues here at Racedepartment. :)

I will have to admit, I have been to NoGripRacing and SimRacingWorld (I was a subscriber on there).

I have not seen a community more unified than RaceDepartment's community.

You guys are awesome!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing