What are your favourite cars and tracks in GSC?

I'm a big fan of the eclectic mix of cars and tracks in this game. Over the last few months I've tried pretty much all the cars on all the tracks and had a great time doing so. There's a wonderful feeling of quality and consistency. All the content is great but I do tend to find that I gravitate towards a few preferred things.

Favourite car(s): Marcos / Formula 3. Both are great fun to drive, not so fast that my old brain can't keep up with them, and forgiving of my less than stellar driving technique.

Favourite track(s): Interlagos (Reiza)/Bathurst (Patrick Giranthon). Both are great flowing technical tracks with plenty of elevation changes and a great atmosphere.

Last night I had a great 5 lap race against the AI at Bathurst in a Marcos Mitsubishi and it took 10 years off my life - in a good way :)

So many great tracks... and i still haven't visited them all :)
Brasilia, Cascavel, Goiania and Londrina are my top votes for now.
(Which doesn't mean that i'm fast on any of those tracks *ggg*)

I have great fun with the Stock Cars and i like to challenge myself
with the Vee although i'm really bad with those things, but i just
like driving down the start straight with 20 angry bees surrounding me :D

It would have to be the F1 retro,the physics on that thing are immense.The vee is also huge fun and a tricky little minx.

I love Spielberg historic, it's so bloody quick.It's such a hard list to compile,so many great car's and tracks.

This may (or may not) strike people as a weird choice, but I find myself spending a lot of time in F3s @ Curitiba. It's such a fast track to begin with, but the F3 just seems to be perfectly suited to it. Lots of downforce, but not enough horsepower to make power-oversteer in the faster corners. It feels like you've got the hammer down for just about the entire lap! :coffee:

@nhill40

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-mas-du-clos-super-truck.3196/

If you are enjoying the F3 I must recommend "Le Mas du Clos" for you to try.

IMO this track is a great challenge and suits the F3 very well. The lap is not very complex in nature, however the elevation and camber changes makes for a good technical challenge. The track is fast with wide corners so you have a lot of choice when it comes to race lines. Add the driving challenge to great graphics and you have a track that I feel is on par with the stock content.

Give it a go... I think Mas du Clos is more than worthy to find a home in your locations folder.

Regardless of the sim I tend to enjoy the cars that I might have a chance of actually controlling IRL so for GSCE that is mostly the Vee and the Marcas cars. For the Vee I like the short version of Suzuka, Castle Combe, Knockhill and Le Mas Du Clos and for the Marcas I like the BTCC tracks like Croft, etc.

@nhill40

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-mas-du-clos-super-truck.3196/

If you are enjoying the F3 I must recommend "Le Mas du Clos" for you to try.

IMO this track is a great challenge and suits the F3 very well. The lap is not very complex in nature, however the elevation and camber changes makes for a good technical challenge. The track is fast with wide corners so you have a lot of choice when it comes to race lines. Add the driving challenge to great graphics and you have a track that I feel is on par with the stock content.

Give it a go... I think Mas du Clos is more than worthy to find a home in your locations folder.

Thanks for this tip man.It's a great little track.:thumbsup:

I'd be in hospital within 3 minutes if I had to try to drive the Vee in real life :)

Take that idea into the sim when driving the Vee and you will improve a lot. :laugh:

Solving this car is along this line... Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. It really is very important to slow all your inputs (and reactions) down to the minimum. You can do it and the reward is really satisfying. I might be talking out my #$$ but I am sure the Vee has improved my sim driving in general.

I know... fvee fanboy here :rolleyes:

Ya, Formula Vee is basically a driving school class.
It forces you to learn everything about the basics of driving physics.
A knowledge you will be able to apply on all other cars.

As Skip Barber isn't an asset in your standard subscription, i don't know how it drives.
But i guess they both teach you the same? :D

Your regular GT3 racer will have his problems with the Vee :)

Probably just me but I feel like the Vee in GSCE is an easier "school" car than the Skippy as modelled in RF2 and iRacing. Pretty well every time I go out of the pits in the RF2 Skippy I spin at the first corner. That's not a problem I have with the Vee as I can feel the weight transfer a lot better. Not sure if that is down to the sims or my set-up though.

I was really impressed with how much content SCE came with right there in the box, and how much of that content was *new* (to me anyway). There are currently 21 types of cars and 63 tracks. (I have the beta and Formula Truck, but I'm not including those in this count.) Like tpw, I set out to drive all the cars and all the tracks.

[Not each car type on each track, though. That would be literally 688 combinations of cars and tracks (calling Superkart a car, not a kart) and 100 kart and track combinations.

I do get how people like to add mods either because they have a particular favorite location or car, or they add mods just because they are there. I personally wanted to explore the huge amount of high-quality material Reiza has in store before looking at any mods at all.

There really are so many great tracks included with SCE that it's hard to choose just a few. I could literally list a couple dozen favorites, but here are a few in no particular order.

Guaporemini_copy.jpg

Guapore • There are some fast corners and nice elevation changes that make this track flow really well. It has a great atmosphere, too.

floripamini_copy.jpg

Floripa • A very good fantasy track. Fun flowing lines and tricky elevation changes will keep you on your toes. Definitely worth getting to know.

Interlagos76mini_copy.jpg

Interlagos 1976
• Huge, very long grand-daddy version of Interlagos. This one has it all—tight turns, big sweepers, elevation changes, tricky bumps, etc. Downside is that it is probably too long for low-to-mid-power cars. In the faster cars, though, it’s a really great. Cool signs everywhere, too.

Caruarumini_copy.jpg

Caruaru
• This is a great track for low-to-mid-power cars. After turn two, there’s a dip that then heads uphill—cool little segment. I need to go back there with a Superkart…

granja2mini_cop2.jpg

Granja Viana 2
• All of Granja Viana has interesting layouts and elevation changes, but I really like the longer high-speed sections in GV2.

floripakartmini_copy.jpg

Floripa Kart 1
• This is sort-of like the kart version of Interlagos 1976. Maybe my single-favorite kart track in the game.

If you haven't tried all of the Reiza tracks yet, you really should get into one of your favorite cars, learn a new-to-you track, and run a race weekend there.

And the cars! (This is getting too long…) There is only one car I don’t like (Camaro), but my favorites are: F-Retro, F-Extreme, Opala 86, F-Classic, V8 2014, F-V12, F-Vee. (I use the grinding tranny mod with all the H-pattern cars for proper heel-toe downshifts. It really adds a lot, IMO.)

Speaking of the relative merits between the Vee and the Skippy...

I love them both, but they are different beasts to me. They have a lot of similarities - both are small, lightweight, low-powered single seaters - but definitely a different feel to the driving.

The Skippy to me is much more urbane - it really drives like a "smaller version of the real thing", in my mind. It's a great car for beginners, I think. It's well mannered and not overly fast so it really allows an inexperienced driver to concentrate on the basics - finding the line, finding your reference points, etc.

The Vee is an ill-behaved little monster with (effectively) 2 gears and a bizarre rear suspension setup that will scare your average rookie right out of sim racing. But, put in the hands of an intermediate-to-advanced driver who has the basics down pretty well, it's an amazing teaching tool. This is a great car to come to once you have the basics mastered and want to find out what bad habits you have picked up that are too subtle to cause you major problems in say a GT3, but are significant enough to cost you in laptime. In the Vee, your steering inputs must be carefully calculated enough to be smooth as butter...your throttle/brake transitions (and vice versa) need to be quick & delicate...you must be 100% in tune with the relative of the balance of the car from corner entry right through track out...and of course your heel/toe had better be impeccable!!!

Both have their time & place!

So I designated this afternoon "learn to drive the Formula V afternoon". Lots of swearing, had to send the kids outside. Once I got the hang of heel-toe throttle blip to stop the bloody back end coming round every time I changed down, the whole experienced changed for me. I went to from barely able to make it round the track to reasonable qualifying times to actually winning my first race at Curitiba with AI at 100%. Probably my most satisfying race in many months - having to drive the little car absolutely on the edge and feeling every nuance of it with the great GSC physics/FFB.

Thanks Gringo, xnorb, nhill40 for your comments to persevere with the Vee, it's now just bumped the F3 out of my favourite open wheeler category!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.5%