What are the machines that can compete with the 458 gt2?

I think GT2(Ferrari and BMW) and GTE (Corvette and Porsche RSR) are sighlty faster than GT3 cars.

While GT2 and GTE are almost the same. The only difference is that GT2 uses sequential shifter, and GTE uses paddles.

I use also a BMW M6 fictional GTE mod. Looks like the BMW M6 GT3 but with GTE rules.

Last edited:
Gt3 are the same of gt2??
I want real same type of car (power etc)
Yes, the lap times are almost identical, although will vary from track to track just like the real cars.

Edit: Here are cars right around the same lap times and similar classes that can be competitive. You can adjust the BOP in CM if you need to make fine adjustments:

PORSCHE 911 RSR 2017
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7R
MCLAREN 650S GT3
FERRARI 458 GT2
LAMBORGHINI HURACAN
BMW M3 GT2
AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA

Yes, the lap times are almost identical, although will vary from track to track just like the real cars.

Edit: Here are cars right around the same lap times and similar classes that can be competitive. You can adjust the BOP in CM if you need to make fine adjustments:

PORSCHE 911 RSR 2017
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7R
MCLAREN 650S GT3
FERRARI 458 GT2
LAMBORGHINI HURACAN
BMW M3 GT2
AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA
thx
what you think about bmw z4 gt3? same class or better than ferrari 458 gt2?
thx

thx
what you think about bmw z4 gt3? same class or better than ferrari 458 gt2?
thx

It should be in the ball park as it's a GT3 car. I'd suggest loading the car up along with the others at a track such as Nurburgring GP and see how the times look. I suspect it would be fine. If not, you can always balance it out with ballast or the restrictor. But I doubt you'd need to do that unless you want perfect BOP (what's that) at every track.

The Porsche RSR is 2-3 seconds faster than the rest of the GT2/GT3/GTE field, so keep that in mind. In real life the Ferrari 458 GT2 raced with the P4/5 Competizione, the BMW M3 GT2 and the Corvette C7R, but you can use every other GT3 car and the Porsche GT3 Cup car too.

The Porsche RSR is 2-3 seconds faster than the rest of the GT2/GT3/GTE field, so keep that in mind. In real life the Ferrari 458 GT2 raced with the P4/5 Competizione, the BMW M3 GT2 and the Corvette C7R, but you can use every other GT3 car and the Porsche GT3 Cup car too.

I'm currently doing a GT4 championship with:

Ginetta G55 GT4
Maserati GT MC GT4
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

It works pretty well with a 10% restrictor on the G55.

Out of curiosity, what BOP are you using on the RSR?

I'm currently doing a GT4 championship with:

Ginetta G55 GT4
Maserati GT MC GT4
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

It works pretty well with a 10% restrictor on the G55.

Out of curiosity, what BOP are you using on the RSR?

I don't use BOP as I mostly hotlap in AC, I would advise 10% restrictor on the RSR. I tested all the GT3-GTE field on almost all of the tracks (Red Bull Ring, Imola, Monza, Spa, Catalunya, Mugello)

Unless it was in some smaller side series that doesn't use the ACO homologation, the P4/5 hasn't raced with any GT2/E cars AFAIK. It is not the same class, it was built for the VLN series which has nothing to do with the ACO homologated classes.

Unless it was in some smaller side series that doesn't use the ACO homologation, the P4/5 hasn't raced with any GT2/E cars AFAIK. It is not the same class, it was built for the VLN series which has nothing to do with the ACO homologated classes.

The Wikipedia says that it was built on FIA GT2 rules, and it competed with the Ferrari 458 and BMW M3 GT in the 2011 VLN, so it was a GT2 car, but VLN has more classes.

The P4/5 has Ferrari 430 GT2 underpinnings, so while it did not race specifically in ACO GT2 class, most of the major components were build according to it. In VLN it ran in the same class as the M3 GT2, E1XP.

The P4/5 has Ferrari 430 GT2 underpinnings, so while it did not race specifically in ACO GT2 class, most of the major components were build according to it. In VLN it ran in the same class as the M3 GT2, E1XP.

I knew the road car was based on the 430, but I was under the impression the race car was bespoke. Learn something new every day!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 367 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%