PC1 What AI difficulty setting do you use?

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
Title says it all, lets see how we match up with our peers. Personally 76 is a big challenge for me in the GT4's. My long term goal is win a 100% AI championship. Gonna be a fun ride getting there.

I have been sticking with the default of 80. If I start towards the front I have a chance for a win, otherwise the leaders run away for the most part. I have to start running longer races to see if I could claw my way up the position ladder. I don't need to win, I'm satisfied with good competitive races.

100, AI is so slow, normally 110 is ok for us Aliens, this is something SMS should fix :)

Holy ****! Please do me a favour and see how u do in a GT4 race using the BMW M3 at Brands with 100% AI using default setup(change fuel if u want). I just don't see how I can save any more time there and I still can't win at 76% AI (starting at pole even). My best time there is 1:33

I run the AI at 95, and the challenge level seems to vary greatly from one car type to another. In karts I get the fastest lap pretty much every race, but I find it tough to overtake cleanly. So it's usually a good fight if there's someone ahead of me.

In the Caterham 7 At Donnington National I got pole by almost a second, then pulled out a seven second lead in six laps. In the rain at Silverstone I came 5th (started 1st), but I've done almost no practice in wet conditions, so I think I'll be able to do better in time.

Today I ran the practice session for an invitation event at Snetterton in the BMW 1M. I got the fastest lap by a few tenths, so we'll see how qualifying goes.

Overall, I'm a little worried for the aliens out there because I don't think they'll find the AI to be much of a challenge.

I've discovered that the 'right' AI setting will vary greatly according to cars and tracks. For example with the BMW M3 GT4, with AI at 100 at Donington I came second comfortably and also set the fastest lap. However at Brands Hatch, a track i know very well, at 100 AI I just get smoked, with the AI lapping 3 seconds faster than me. (note this was in test races with identical opponents)

Things get further complicated by the fact that some cars are much faster in the same class. The Ginetta's in GT4, can lap 1.5 seconds faster at Brands than BMW for example. So could be a case of needing to change AI on a track by track basis, which could get irritating.

Difficulty wise, there's something I've worked out. In career mode in formula rookie I used 100% AI and would win every time with 10-20 second gap despite making mistakes (no assists before someone brings that up ;) ). By the time I got to formula gulf, I had to push as hard as I could just to get fifth in practice (of course I'd never driven the car or track before so there's time to find but it was a welcome surprise). Anyway, I lost my save, something went wrong which was annoying mainly because I had to reset ffb again :( I wasn't keen on formula gulf so started career in formula c only it's gone back to being stupidly easy on 100%..therfore i think the first season in career, regardless of where you start and on whatever difficulty, is stupidly easy..it is the following seasons that get interesting.

I'm not sure as this is just a pc issue or an issue on all platforms.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 141 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%