What acts of kindness did you perform today?

As humans, we don't focus too much on the good deeds we display towards each other, because they are merely a spec on the windshield.

We always focus on the bad deeds of others because they crack the windshield.

Despite that, you should still be good, because, when fate has called your name, the people who surround you will realise the impact of your benevolence.

I started this thread in hoping we can inspire each other to spread kindness to those who need it most, whether it would be our loved ones, relatives, friends, acquaintances, or, even, a complete stranger.

Right now, I can't think of a good deed I have done today. :/

A few weeks ago, I saw this little note, saying some cat had gone missing. There was also this picture, and a phone number on it. And yesterday, when I decided to wash some clothes, and went down to the basement, where we have something that we call "quick wash-house"

It's like a normal wash-house, but you can only use it for an hour max. You don't need to book it, but it's there, like a "panic" thingy, and if you just want to wash something really quick.

When I approached the door, I heard this strange noise, but at first I thought it came from the staircase itself, due to you know, echo from the staircase. I opened the door, and this furry ball, jumped straight towards me, or my bosom, burrowed his claws through my shirt, and meowed like crazy.

It wasn't in anyway, hostile, but just really happy (I guess) to see me.

I instantly recognized it, from the note, and called the owner. It turns out, the owner lives just a few meters from me, so I went to her place, with the cat in my bosom, while it purred like crazy. I rang on the door, and this beautiful lady opens up the door, with tears in her eyes, and I handed the cat over.

She offered me some money and also to make something to eat. But I politely declined, and told her, her happiness to reunite with her cat was enough of a reward for me.

She told me, if ever needed something, or just take a cup of coffee somewhere, that I shouldn't hesitate to call her.

It felt really good to know, that she wouldn't need to worry about her cat anymore
smile.png

It was last Friday when I was shopping for groceries. I paid the items with cash but the cashier lady gave me 10€ extra in return. I asked her that "wasn't it 15€?" Her first reaction was like I tried to scam her so she asked to see the receipt. I showed her the receipt that indeed stated I should have been given 15€, and the 25€ she had given me. It took her a few seconds to realize what I was talking about. :D
It wasn't a big deal but really made us both feel better (although she was a bit embarrassed of the situation).

Another incident that came to my mind happened two years ago. I got a christmas card on post that wasn't meant for me. The sender had misspelled the address so in the post they had thought it was meant for me (though it had completely different name on it, duh). They had also stroke over the postal code and replaced it with my area's postal code in the post.
A quick google search revealed that there was a person living on the postal code that was stroke over. The name of the street the person was living was also very close to mine (puolukka vs. polkka). I also found out that she was living in the same neighourhood as my sister so it was practically zero effort to take the card to it's correct destination. I also wrote a little hello and greetings on the card to let her know it came to the wrong address first. Next week I received another christmas card from her parents thanking me for delivering the card. Apparently she, for whom the original card was meant, was a small child and her grandmother had misspelled the address :)

It really feels great to help people and hear that honest and sincere thank you. :x3:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back