F1 2014 What About ERS and fuel consumption??

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everybody.

I have searched in the web and found nothing about it... So I'm going to ask:

Does the game have ERS system? In the videos seems not to be ERS...

And what about fuel consumption rules?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help!!

ERS is in the official game info :-

ERS DEBUTS – Replacing last season’s KERS system, ERS delivers drivers more power automatically and opens up overtaking opportunities – feel how this extra power changes the race

There's not much info about the fuel rules, but I don't think the 100kg per hour max flow rate rule is in use, and I don't know about the tank capacity or other fuel rules.

The game just appears to have the normal Rich, Standard, and Lean fuel settings

Yes, ERS is in the game. But you can't deside where you want this extra-power. This is unfortunatly done from CM.
But on the wheel is a number which increase if you brake. This is the ERS. You also see the blinking light of the cars in front of you when there extra-power is gone.
For us drivers is the only different that you can't hit a button anymore. Unfortunatly also not the 'Overtake-button' :(
But look videos on YouTube from aarava or Tiametmarduk, they have many videos of F1 2014 gameplay there :)

Yes, ERS is in the game. But you can't deside where you want this extra-power. This is unfortunatly done from CM.
But on the wheel is a number which increase if you brake. This is the ERS. You also see the blinking light of the cars in front of you when there extra-power is gone.
For us drivers is the only different that you can't hit a button anymore. Unfortunatly also not the 'Overtake-button' :(
But look videos on YouTube from aarava or Tiametmarduk, they have many videos of F1 2014 gameplay there :)
can you make your red light flash when on lean mix??

Yes, ERS is in the game. But you can't deside where you want this extra-power. This is unfortunately done from CM.
But on the wheel is a number which increase if you brake.

I just to make clear that the highlighted text in the above quote is wrong. Codemasters didn't decide not to put the ERS system under driver control, the FIA did.

The drivers do not have direct control of the ERS system in real life.

The ERS provides an extra 160 HP for about 33 seconds per lap, but the car's electronics decides where it will be used, not the driver

Unlike in 2013, the driver no longer has to push a button to active ERS - the power is simply delivered to the rear wheels via the throttle pedal (with a little help from the car’s electronics)

@Graham Laing: I don't think, I said anything wrong, because the FIA (or FOM?) only said that CM has to do this :p but thanks about saying this, I didn't know this :)

And yeah, I know that the driver can't deside this, because it's the team I think.
But I have a question to you (if you know that ;) ) : Weren't CM allowed (by FOM) to bring the 'Overtake-Button' in? Or was this CM's decision?
This would be interest me :) Because of hoping, if we could get this in the next-gen F1-game ;)

As someone who relies on engine braking more than actual braking I hope CM don't implement the ERS system so well that it disadvantages me. My basic understanding of it is the more you brake the more energy you store up, to a limit point (i may be wrong).
Or maybe i'll need to alter my style... i hope not though.

@Korken500

I am not sure what you mean by 'Overtake Button'

There is no overtake button in the real F1 2014 or the game. If you mean KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System), then that has been replaced by the ERS system in 2014 (no buttons to press) :)

KERS was in previous games (and in real life F1). It was a button you could use anywhere you want during the lap. It gave you about 80 horse power extra, for around 7 seconds per lap. Your batteries were charged during the lap (by converting braking energy), and each time you passed the start/finish line, you could use it again anywhere on the next lap for another 7 seconds.

The only other button you could be talking about is the DRS button (Drag Reduction System). The F1 2014 cars still have DRS as so does the game. The DRS is the opening of the rear wing flap on the car, to reduce drag and create less down force (so you go faster).

This can only be used a certain places on the track (DRS Zones), and only if you are within 1 second of the car in front at the DRS sensing line(s). If you're within that 1 second gap, then you can use your DRS (open the wing) in the official DRS zone(s) of the track you are racing at

Cheers :)

@Graham Laing: There is a other button than DRS and I didn't mean KERS ;)
In the real F1 2014 is a button which a driver can press when he try to overtake a car for example. This gives the driver all available power. And because you press the button to overtake easiler cars it's called 'Overtake-Button'.
In reallife, the button goes sometimes wrong. For example by Ricciardo (don't know the track) - he wasn't allowed to press this button because of an power unit failure.

As someone who relies on engine braking more than actual braking I hope CM don't implement the ERS system so well that it disadvantages me. My basic understanding of it is the more you brake the more energy you store up, to a limit point (i may be wrong).
Or maybe i'll need to alter my style... i hope not though.
I think, you can drive as you want :D I don't think CM make it so realistic ;)

@Korken500

This is quote from a Sauber team document, I have highlighted important info :-

ERS

Different from 2013, when KERS could only be used for 6.7 seconds per lap and was activated by a push of a button by the driver, maximum ERS power may be used for
33.33 seconds per lap and can be activated automatically every time the driver floors the accelerator. The ERS will be programmed for each race track and activated by the engine management system (with different setups to choose from available to the driver on the steering wheel on a lap-by-lap basis)

This tells you that the driver can select a pre-programmed mode, and he activates whatever mode he selected by flooring the throttle, no pass button.

Ricciardo probably wasn't able to select what pre-programmed mode to use, because of a power unit or ERS system failure.

So the driver a selects what program mode to use, then hits the throttle to the floor :)

Korken is right.

Its essentially an override button on the ERS. Whereas ERS is programmed into the throttle map, the "overtake button" allows drivers to receive extra ERS in certain parts of the track (usually straights), allowing them to achieve a higher top speed and overtake the driver in front. It can also be used for defending, similar to KERS.

Where last year’s KERS units gave drivers an extra 80bhp for just six seconds each lap, the two will now have around double that — 160bhp — for over 30 seconds per lap. But all that power is a double-edged sword: any car that suffers an ERS failure will be a sitting duck.

How the extra power is used is largely out of the driver’s control, the engine management system looking after how and when it is used.
That said, the pilot still has an ‘overtake’ button they can press to summon all the available energy to pass the car ahead.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%