Resource icon

Misc WetFX road surface for "LA Canyons" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

WetFX road surface for "LA Canyons" - Chameleon road surface with CSP and Sol.

View attachment 341803View attachment 341799View attachment 341800View attachment 341802View attachment 341801

The .7z package contains a layout for "LA Canyons" in which the road has added one transparent top-most layer that reacts to dynamic changes of "Sol" weather. That way all of the original features of the road are preserved since it`s not replacement of the "main_roads.kn5".

Install: unzip in the track`s...

Read more about this resource...

This looks really good. Thank you for sharing :)
Does your mod affect grip levels; ie does grip reduce when it rains?
As far as my experience with CSP and Sol goes there still is no tangible changes in the traction levels when the weather goes from dry to wet.
I have not edited the "Traction" values in the original "surfaces.ini" and didn`t make it "Dirt additive" to not spoil the view for those who use the regular smoke texture. If you edit those things it`s useful to remember that "Dirt additive" at max (=1) takes away ~12% of the traction for the human player only and the wet road grip in AC is 0.88 as opposed to normal dry road at 0.98. So it`s either adding for "Dirt additive" or decreasing "Traction", but not too extreme.
There is a third option - the idea from Fracasso`s wet mod for adding two more track conditions in the main config "..\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\templates\tracks.ini"
Code:
[RAIN]
SESSION_START=88
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=70
DESCRIPTION=Storm condition tarmac. Drive safely!

[DAMP]
SESSION_START=90
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
RANDOMNESS=1
LAP_GAIN=22
DESCRIPTION=A mildly wet track. Grip only slightly improves.

Attachments

• wet1.jpg
    wet1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 236
  • wet2.jpg
    wet2.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 215
alekabul updated WetFX road surface for "LA Canyons" with a new update entry:

new for LAC 1.2

Since the model of the roads in the new LA Canyons differs from the old one I remade the wetFX overlay. Also added in this package is the physics enabled cracks overlay. The strength of the effect is configurable by editing "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\wet\data\surfaces.ini"
View attachment 347907

"VIBRATION_GAIN" is the amplitude of the effect and "VIBRATION_LENGTH" is the frequency.

NB: You don`t have to download this if you have the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

great work, thank you for making it! :)

A question and a request:
1. I have no spray in rain. Is this on purpose or I have something wrong in the set up? (Using Sol, CSP 0.1.36)

2. I, too, would appreciate a bit more detailed explanation of how to make the wet versions for other LA Canyons tracks, if it's possible...

Thanks again!

1. I have no spray in rain. Is this on purpose or I have something wrong in the set up? (Using Sol, CSP 0.1.36)
The spray depends on two things:
1. Mostly this setting of CM
CM particles.jpg

which enables the replacement from old standard smoke to spray in the custom weather (residing in "..\content\weather\****". In such weather there are edited .ini files defining the height, length, behavior and color of the particle clouds. They work if the new smoke in CSP is disabled.
I have included in the new version of my "2-way traffic for LAC 1.2" one such custom weather. Also in Sol there are some wet weathers which have spray, GBW suite also has some. The spray works if the wet weather is selected in CM
Sol particles.jpg

and the smoke is not disabled in the game`s preferences. Then the density depends on this
Sol particles2.jpg
CSP particles.jpg

The slider in Sol Config has effect the next time you load the game.

2. In each layout`s "data" subfolder there is "surfaces.ini" and for each defined surface there is a parameter "DIRT_ADDITIVE=" with value between 0 and 1. "0" means no additional particles, "1" means max additional particles. That setting has the negative impact on traction only for the human players as "1" decreases the grip by ~12 % while the AI are not affected. This is why some track modders avoid it at all costs. If the grip is normal ~0.98 for dry tarmac the spray works even with DIRT_ADDITIVE=0 but going low for ~0.88 to simulate wet tarmac prevents the generating of particles thus there is no spray. The Asseto`s developers did this because at the time there was no wet mod and preventing the smoke particles from appearing in low traction condition on the track seems logical.

Last edited:
more detailed explanation of how to make the wet versions for other LA Canyons tracks, if it's possible
Sorry mate, but you have to narrow down the question as putting up a whole tutorial is too time consuming and a bit pointless. To start you up - use the 3DSimED editor (trialware) to have a look at "lac12_wet.kn5" and "main_roads.kn5" in "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\". Or use the CSP in-game "Objects inspector"
wetFX1.jpg
wetFX2.jpg

Pay attention to road and overlay object`s transparency and blend mode, also to the shaders for the materials and properties. After that you need to look into "..\content\tracks\la_canyons\wet\extension\ext_config.ini" and see the influence of the
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_101]
MATERIALS=wet
KEY_1=ksDiffuse
VALUE_1=0.18
KEY_2=ksAmbient
VALUE_2=0.45
KEY_0=ksSpecularEXP
VALUE_0=150
KEY_3=ksSpecular
VALUE_3=0.12
ACTIVE=1
for the blending between the dry road and the overlay.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a lot of great information! I find it difficult to find relevant info that is up to date with the most important mods and what you wrote here is more than welcome indeed!

Thank you for taking the time and point me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back