Resource icon

Misc WetFX road for Fonteny Tourist and 2-way 2020-02-21

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

WetFX road for Fonteny Tourist and 2-way - Road reflectiveness in sync with Sol weathers

To get even more immersion into the scenery of Fonteny I made a wet overlay for the road surface. It works best if CSP and Sol are active, the wet variant of "surfaces.ini" in the layout`s "data" subfolder is present and the "Dirty" is selected for track condition. To have spray generated behind the cars you can select one of the wet Sol weathers before starting the session.
View attachment 351059View attachment 351060View attachment 351061
Install...

Read more about this resource...

Not only am I retaining the old smoke but disabling "Soft Particles" as well to get more dense and sporadic spray.
CSP part.jpg

Hope is that Ilja will take care of the spray as he did with the smoke but that would be entirely separate development as the principles of both kind of particles are very different. So far I haven`t heard of that development for spray.

I can't see wet surface after install
(also I had to rename traffic2.kn5 to traffic.kn5 in models_2way.ini)

It's not flooded wet as Fracasso's roads. "Mildly moist" as JC likes to call it. The effect differs with Sol weathers - nonvisible in some of the wet weathers, well pronounced in others like "Hurricane" and "LightSleet". To better assess the difference from the additional texture try switching between "OvercastClouds" and "Rain". Also you may use the "Object Inspector" app from CSP in the game to check if the model is loaded
wet.jpg

"traffic2.kn5" was the default for the traffic layout. Those that chose to use the optional parking pitlane should have the need to rename to "traffic.kn5" in "models_2way.ini".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%