WET race incoming ? [ realroad ]

Hey guys.

ISI released a new build for Rfactor2 ( build 770 ) with a "Added RealRoad timescale multiplier to control how fast the dynamic road changes conditions"

The major problem of the realroad was the accelerated pace of the dynamic changes... like when it rained, the track was dry after 2 laps.
The new multiplier seems to go to 0.1x

It could be amazing if we can reduce it for the rest of the season, for dry or wet races.

Because the track isn't dynamic during FSR races, the racing line is fully rubbered with marbles after 5/10min.

I think the question has to be questioned in ISR Club with all the teams mainly than here, but i want to know if drivers could be OK with it, with admins too :)

malaysia_1425028c.jpg

The last time I tried full wet conditions were pretty undriveable, nevertheless the amount of rain can be limited.

About dry conditions I guess we will use the normal real road time scale and start with those 50% grip profiles like we are already doing.

The last time I tried full wet conditions were pretty undriveable, nevertheless the amount of rain can be limited.

About dry conditions I guess we will use the normal real road time scale and start with those 50% grip profiles like we are already doing.
If you have no cars on track and consistent rain, real F1 cars would never leave the pits, because they would say it is too dangerous.

A slower building real road would be awesome. So the rr is finished building after half the race and than the marbles start. But it should start at 50%. Because we drive on Race tracks and there have been races already in past ;)
This would be the most realistic way I think...

I thought the problem with wet races was that the spray was insane?

Eduard Kõre

It's not the only problem, but yes. The issue is that the spray amount its always the same, doesn't matter if you go fast or slow you always generate the same amount of spray. Also if you are behind two cars or more its impossible to see where the track is going at all.

Anyway I don't know if they fixed any of this, so I guess it would be good to do some test race with rain.

This is how rainspray looks like in build 660. I doubt it has changed for build 770, I don't see a big problem with it. I will open a forum questionnaire about some change proposals, including rain, in the next few days.

attachment.php

This is how rainspray looks like in build 660. I doubt it has changed for build 770, I don't see a big problem with it. I will open a forum questionnaire about some change proposals, including rain, in the next few days.

attachment.php

That looks amazing. Perhaps a bit too little, if anything actually, but not bad at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%