F1 2019 Wet race downforce and fuel

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Ive just tried my career race in Melbourne which was forecast to be wet all race ( but Intermediates not Full wets , everyone started on Intermediates ) . Anyway , first things first , in the pre race Race Strategy it wouldn't let me fuel any higher than 48 laps for a 58 lap race . Surely that has to be some sort of bug ? In every version of these games I've always been able to fuel up to even say 3 to 4 laps overfuelled and at worst about 1 lap underfuelled . But 10 ? Come on . Also , I had my car set on medium downforce as on previous games Ive always been able to handle the intermediate conditions with middle downforce ( 6 ) pretty well . But it was like a skating rink . Do you need much higher downforce settings in wet conditions than in previous games this year . And also , do you autmatically get massively underfuelled in a wet race with no way of filling it up more or is it a huge bug that happened in my game ?

On downforce, I've had to put on more front wing generally compared to 2018 for dry and wet. About 3 more for front and 1 less for rear. 2019 cars seems to be more understeery compared to last year and with no ballast to adjust this year, I've had to do adjustments via the wings.

On fuel, I haven't encountered such issue yet.

On downforce, I've had to put on more front wing generally compared to 2018 for dry and wet. About 3 more for front and 1 less for rear. 2019 cars seems to be more understeery compared to last year and with no ballast to adjust this year, I've had to do adjustments via the wings.

On fuel, I haven't encountered such issue yet.

Thanks for the info . In the dry practice and qualifying I was ok but in the intermediate conditions for the race it was like a skating rink . Granted it was pretty wet for intermediates and if it had come down mid race like that full wets would have been tempting , but it was undriveable . In past games Ive had it belt it down mid race and Ive had low downforce settings and it's still been pretty driveable but if the handling characteristics for wet conditions have changed that drastically then mixed conditions races are going to be a real dilemma set up wise . As far as the fuel goes then , yeah , I probably would have been able to save enough fuel in Lean Mix with it being wet all race to make it to the end but to be forced to have to massively underfuel the car by 10 laps seems a bit off . Maybe it's a ' feature ' that my team underfuelled it by so much because they knew Id be in Lean Mix all race by it raining from beginning to end . But that should be MY choice like in previous games and not forced upon me . Other than that it's a bug so that's why Im looking around on You Tube and asking here about it to find out whether it is a bug or a ' feature ' in Wet 100 % races .

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years