Were human beings doomed from the beginning?

I think so.

All human beings are materialistic. It is our greatest flaw.

So many people do horrible things to each other just to cash in on money or some other material reward.

Something that was invented to make trade easier has driven people to worship it and become mad with greed and lust for power.

When you have money, life is easier because you can afford great luxuries and conveniences.

These days, people are more shrewd than ever. The rich and powerful are getting wealthy at the expense of the poor and desolute, which means, more people are selling out just to feed their families or have some fancy cars and gadgets.

I'm not saying it's bad to have an easy lifestyle, just so long as you work hard and don't exploit others in the process.

To continue, these days, people are starting to see money or any other material item paid with money as more valuble than a human life.

I have my phases of materialism, but, I do everything I can not to harm or kill anyone just to gratify myself for something I don't really need.

So, yes, the thing is, "dog eats dog."

If it was just about this world, i would be mad about these inequalities and would defnitely say this is a doomed life. But i do not believe all of this magnificence is just for a 50-60 years of life here. So my answer is: No we are not doomed from the beginning. Only some opt to doom themselves by living a life in total hedonism and materialism, without thinking about death.

Couldn't say it any better myself, and I'm as guilty as any. It's the way we're being programmed (read brainwashed), and we do whatever we need to in order to have the best for our families.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 227 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 154 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%