We're Getting the Mclaren P1

741296_10201375034291787_1203224892_o.jpg
forget about that car in the middle, for a second. That's a gorgeous NBRing shot. It's going to be hard to wait till September for this.

Reactions: Ted
Have you forgotten about the Zonda, which is faster than both?
As mentioned above... for me a hyper car is street legal and the Zonda is not. Also comparing the Zonda with the LaFerrari and the P1 is not as good as a comparison as you might think. Although very fast the Zonda is a dinosaur next to the LaFerrari and the P1. Both the Ferrari and the Mclaren are hybrids and because of that those two are in a league of their own with only the Porsche 918 breathing down their neck. To quote Jeremy Clarkson about the P1:
"The McLaren P1 makes everything else look like the past" and "We’ve seen fast cars before. There have been Koenigseggs and Paganis, and the Ferrari F12 doesn’t exactly hang about. But we have never encountered anything quite like the P1. This takes our perception of speed to a new level.”
So for me the Zonda stays in the garage upon arrival of the Ferrari and the Mclaren... On the other hand it will be thrilling to find out how the two cars compare to another...the autotest of the century if you ask me :)

we will see :)
On a straight line they are at least comparable, but i cant find any test between those ones.

It could be interesting between the 599evo/Zonda R vs the LaFerrari/P1. The former, non street legal pair are lighter and have slicks but are down on horsepower, the street legal hypercars have more power and instant torque due to the hybrid powertrains but do not have slicks. If raced with hard slicks for the 599/ZondaR and soft street tires for the other two it could be a good match. On long tracks the active aero would also add to the top speed advantage of the two street cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%