Went from win XP to Win 7 - lost Race 07

ok. I upgraded from Win XP to Win 7. I knew I was going to lose everything so I made a backup folder of my Race 07 on a different drive. After I got win 7 up and running I reinstaled Steam and Race 07. Then I went to my backup Race 07 folder and restored all the addon tracks and mods to the correct folders. But now when I run Race 07 only the original game shows up, not any of the addons. Any ideas on this? Is it something simple that I missed or do I have to reinstall every addon from the web?

Hmmm. I'm not near my gaming PC to look at the folders. I can't picture it all without looking at it. I would of thought that you have everything needed to run it with the mods fine now.

I just went from XP to Win 7 at the weekend and I had a problem with the car spinners, but everything showed up.

Is this just for Race 07 or are you installing from Evo/Race On?

I know on steam when I re-installed the other day after moving to win7 when I installed my evo cd it ONLY installed evo. No race 07. Only when I installed race on did it install race 07 then.

Did you copy over the entire Race 07 back up folder to the new install or just the Teams, Talent, Sound, UIDATA and locations folders?

Just wondering because if it was the whole thing it could be causing the problem. If it was the entire back up it might be worth doing a new fresh install and just copying over the folders above and not the rest of your original install.

Otherwise I'm really not sure what you could do without installing them all individually again and I know myself how frustrating that is.

Did you copy over the entire Race 07 back up folder to the new install or just the Teams, Talent, Sound, UIDATA and locations folders?

Just wondering because if it was the whole thing it could be causing the problem. If it was the entire back up it might be worth doing a new fresh install and just copying over the folders above and not the rest of your original install.

Otherwise I'm really not sure what you could do without installing them all individually again and I know myself how frustrating that is.

I copied everythign over. The game works it just doesn't recognize any new tracks or addons. Maybe I should just reinstall the game, and then copy over 1 track at a time ?? I really wanted to avoid that though. lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%