Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

have a question regarding the pics: are those unedited ingame shots (on the first page)? im asking because those reflections on the car look really good (FG), would be cool to see it in the final version

When I add photoshop effects to pics I will let you guys know that the pics have been altered and supply the originals for comparison. The FG pics posted by Kev in the very first post are not altered in any way and accurately reflect the FG as it appears ingame with the current shaders and reflections.

Gav

Awsome to hear Gavin, any rough time frame for the new mod?

Hey Cozmo,

I could pull out that old "When it's done" line again but the truth is I don't know. I have the 2007 and 2008 seasons to get up to spec (interms of the nice window shaders seen on 2009+ cars) and we still have all three interior and helmet models to be completed. We want to redo the sounds and Intro videos too, as I type I have a local melbourne band in the studio recording our new music. Just about everyone in the team has had some non PC related "stuff" going on in our real lives (I should right a book) that has slowed the work on Unleashed. We are still aiming for a 2010 release for Rfactor with a Rfactor2 release plan yet to be finalized.

Gav

G'day,
Could some one help please?
Ive downloaded V8factor v1.3 & it causes my rfactor game to crash back to desktop.
This happens with no other rfactor download mod that I have.
It happens whether I try to select v8factor in race series or I just try to load either Bathurst tracks,what makes it even more frustrating is that
I've tried to uninstal it & the computer wont recognise the uninstl program.
Can anybody help,PLEASE!
BLeeK

Sounds like a corrupted download. Try going back to what you had if you've kept or backed up the different versions some were. Then with the newest update there is two ways to install it. 1.1 to 1.2 then 1.3 or just use 1.3 all in installer. The way you went didn't work so try the other way to start with. If this doesn't work either then you'll need to download it again but try a different mirror then before.

If as you suggest the uninstall isn't working you may want to uninstall it manually. This type of problem is normally in the main mod file in this case C/Programs/rFactor/Gamedata/Vehicles/V8Factor. Just delete this file. The sounds, Talent, rfm, aren't usually the cores of this type of problem. Then install it from 1.0 to 1.1 and on. just check that it's working after each update is install. This way you will isolate the offending update.

Any number of conflicts may occur as there is no standard File names for Mod builders. Ive had cars lose their windows on tracks as a result of the track having a texture of a similar name to the Car textures.

It is always recommended that you install V8Factor in a clean rFactor install.

Bit of a tease really but its a simple start
render003.png

BLeeK's Thanks

G'day again Team ORSM,
Thanks you very much Doug62 & still_backon.
Followed your advice with a fresh download & now I can join in the shenanigans on the mount,though I do have an enquiry;
Is there or is anyone working on a decent pre-chase/concrete encasement(entombment) of Bathurst?
Ive already got phillrob's versionof '67Mt Panorama though its still not right,not knocking his hard work but it does seem to me a "re-skinning" of the modern track,most noteable for me would be mountain strait,Forrest's Ellbow (the sharp left hander just before Conrod strait,named after BMW rider Jack Forrest)& the lack of "heart in throat-ness" of the modern Skyline. Also the lack of drive-in picture theater on the left at the second hill on Conrod.
I'm deffinately not denying his (or anyone else's) hard work,I'd even give it a go myself but I'm struggling hard at my own project- the Bungonia GP track-at the moment.
Anyway,just some random thoughts & hopefully constructive criticisims,it would be nice to have a proper Bathurst track to race the small plethora of Aussie mussle cars turnning up lately.
Oo, one last one,is anyone working on a Just Cars/Peter Brock's 24hr Monaro? Now that would be a hoot!
Thanks again everyone.

• slothman

Any number of conflicts may occur as there is no standard File names for Mod builders.

Totally agree. I am hoping ISI or however steps up with rfactor 2 to try to encourage mod teams to use a standardisation. VERY VERY hard to achieve with an open mod platform, but hey, we can all dream :)

The question to you all is do you want the cars you drive in rFactor to have this POSSIBLE degree of realism?

P.S. People if for some reason that I misted, You feel that either this post or the one above is BAGGING this mod or others. I wish that you go away and think on the post for what it is in it entire fullness not focus on one line.

I've always prefered realism. However, limitations of the sim world must be factored in too. All good to have a 100% Authentic car, but if its controlled by a PC controller (wheel) and not the real thing, the universe is not in balance. I don't have 100% feel or control with my controls, so while the car might be realistic, the racing 'experience' may not be.

I'd agreed with the items mentioned by slothman (great post btw). Lock-ups, tyre heat/wear, and over reving on down shift (I am very guilty of doing this..ALOT).

However, I do not want these at a cost of delaying the next mods release.

However, I do not want these at a cost of delaying the next mods release.

This will not delay the mod in any way.

As you say a PC game is all that it will ever be I do agree on that point as dose every one. This possible physics are primarily designed to make people drive the cars at a more realistic driving level."Drive within the tyres" One comment we hear time & time again from real drivers from all forms of motorsport. This is the best step toward realism rFactor can offer at this stage.

A lot of you would be thinking, Is this going to make the cars hard to drive? Answer is no. Hard to master? Yes off cause but that's realism. Well as Tickford suggested as close as we can get for now. It seams rFactor is a bit of a Trojan house. No telling what you might find in the belly of the beast.:cool:

Questions for all of you.
Let's be honest here. Why are people not using this mod much? Don't tail me it's because the models are old. Has to be more to it then that. If this is all that is important to you, You would be using FVR.
Why don't you like the FVR mod. It has the new model cars. Up to date liveries.
I'm not a fan of FVR either. When it comes to a choice between the two V8Factor wins hands down old models or not.
PHYSICS in capitals.
The V8factor series at Austeam used to be my main series. Switching between Nascar and open wheelers for a second series. When V8f 1.1 came out I lost interest as the physics just went to rubbish. Addition of the so called more realistic panhard rear suspension is main reason for bad physics. The "impossible" panhard just does not work. Loose on slower and medium right handers and tight on lefts is result. 1.2 and eventually 1.3 only slightly improved the physics. Never got back to stability of 1.0 though.

... So I don't see this being the main issue. Not wanting to bag FVR for trying but their models aren't even close so what makes them so popular? Physics? I don't have the mod so I can't judge that. Hear say tails me their arcade like. Easy to drive without much practise:confused:. Again only hear say. So what do people want? I keep reading "We want realism" 1.3 isn't there as far as that goes. ...

Interpretation of Real Physics

... Fundamentally every car, race or road, will behave with quite a few rules and limations that are shared between them ...

... - Overdriving a car will ALWAYS have a penalty. Now this is a broad statement that covers many things. But essentially overdriving a car usually comes back to the tyres as well know, that is the only part of the car on the road. This will usually mean more wear, more heat, more bad things.

So for me the three big things that I find very very hard to get past in MOST mods is the fact that overdriving the car wont hurt me. Tyre lockups do nothing to me, increased camber does not penalise me enough OR will not allow me to go past the point where it hurts and overdriving the car is more than encouraged, its mandatory.

LIMITATION OF RFACTOR

The models of both mods serve are great in my opinion. 8 weeks shows, but serve a purpose.

FVR's physics and models have improved immensely over the years. Pretty average at the start, but very acceptable now. Models behind V8f, physics ahead...not arcade, quite realistic.

Being able to overdrive the cars is my bugbear also. In this, NAGT is very good. They do need to be driven as you would expect a race driver to drive a car. With respect. It's what we need in V8's. Tyres that quickly overheat if thrashed. I created physics of my own based on the Pontiac GTO from the NAGT mod. I had a few guys test them and they were quite impressed. They actually modelled quite a few real life events from Bathurst that none of the current V8 mods replicate.

NAGT use 'street' tyres don't they? as opposed to full blown racing slicks, hence the sensitivty..??..

I like the new tyre grip followed by a consistant grip for the majority of the tyre, but agree there should be a fall off when tyre is over heated.

However, since the tracks are not made for this specific mods tyre, there is some inconsistanct accross the tracks we would race these cars on and that may produce some strange tyre behaviour.

Yes Tickford you right about the NAGT they do use a standard tyre. With the track being different in their grip levels this is also true but if you know your V8's you will also be aware that real life tracks have differing grip level not only from track to track but also with differing times of day and weather condition that can't be simulated in rFactor at this stage. It basically come down to driving the car and setting up the car to sought the track your on at the time. Just another step towards realism I would suggest.

Yes NAGT do use a treaded tyre, not sure you could call it a street tyre.
They are far harder than the Aus supercar tyre actually, in watching some of the race series and talking to the uspits guys, they can get away with the occasional lock up, whereas the Aus supercars can't, telling me they are a lot hardier that the supercars soft slicks.

The question here is how much heat - (grip penalty) should be applied for a lock up against how many unit's of grip the car has to spare and how much slip you let the tyre have before heat's put into it.
Those are the questions the games physics need to be answered.:)

:D
The question here is how much heat - (grip penalty) should be applied for a lock up against how many unit's of grip the car has to spare and how much slip you let the tyre have before heat's put into it.
Those are the questions the games physics need to be answered.

This sounds like a question your asking yourself as your working on this problem. Unfortunately it's a bit of a F111 to me. (F111 Definition. Something just when over my head that fast I mist it.):D

I have limited knowledge of the games physics so I do have a small idea on what your asking but I'd suggest a rethink on how this question is worded.

My take on it goes like this, How quickly should a tyre heat on lock-up? In this case the tyre is stationary. Not rotating on the road. The result would be a flat spot. This not being possible to replicate in rFactor a penalty should apply almost immediately. Though in real like the flat spot would be the main problem for the driver as this spot under brakes will keep wanting to stop the tyre rotation on that same spot. This will in-turn slow the driver down and be uncompetitive till the tyre was replaced in a pit-stop.

I'll leave it there. The answer is obvious but I'll let it be answered by someone else.

Yes Tickford you right about the NAGT they do use a standard tyre. With the track being different in their grip levels this is also true but if you know your V8's you will also be aware that real life tracks have differing grip level not only from track to track but also with differing times of day and weather condition that can't be simulated in rFactor at this stage. It basically come down to driving the car and setting up the car to sought the track your on at the time. Just another step towards realism I would suggest.

I meant outside of what you would normaly expect with the differences in track surfaces. Some tracks seemed excessly over or under gripped to what you would expect and others seem spot on. I know the FVR track grip levels are set specifically for their mod and driving those tracks in say v8factor the grip lovel did not seem right (can't actually remember which way it was now). I would also love to see track and air temp and even rubber build-up over a race weekend play a bigger part...maybe rf2.

My take on it goes like this, How quickly should a tyre heat on lock-up? In this case the tyre is stationary. Not rotating on the road. The result would be a flat spot. This not being possible to replicate in rFactor a penalty should apply almost immediately. Though in real like the flat spot would be the main problem for the driver as this spot under brakes will keep wanting to stop the tyre rotation on that same spot. This will in-turn slow the driver down and be uncompetitive till the tyre was replaced in a pit-stop.

Although the flat spot can't be replicated, tyre damage due to a lock up can (surely?). Tyre should heat and wear at a greater amount when the wheels are locked. As to the amounts, trial and error based on what achieveable within the rfactor engine. And no doubt everyone will have a different expectation of what those rates should be.

Hello all,
i would like to ask a question about the new unleashed mod: will cars use v8f 2006 1.3 physics? Im worried because that really messed up the game... physics are great of course, but... when i drive a long straight the cars pull to the left. What is causing this? Sorry, maybe this was mentioned in another topic but i write it down anyway. Curiously, fvr v8 2010 is suffering from the same problem (even after installing numerous patches). V8 Unleashed really should not have 1.3 physics as they are...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%