Well the F1 Ferrari's as as easy to drive as I expected.

apex11

@Simberia
These multi million pound machines made by engineering Gods and genius's with enough aero to fly if turned other way round and huge fat rubber are in fact incredibly easy to drive and mega planted to the point of witch craft. Who'd of thought.
Cheers kunos for not trying to do the 'sim' thing of making out they engineer cars to feel like they are on ice.... top marks!!
Now jut imagine how easy that Merc is....

What? I'm not being sarcastic, they are easy to drive fast, as i'd expect, they don't make F1 cars to be crap at handling.
People who have driven F1 cars will tell you at speed they work best, drive too slow and you have the issues.
Well done to kunos for this. The instant you get into the Ferrari F1 cars it just like being in the most fantatastically engineered machine, which it is, you feel the aero working, the rubber biting and the raw speed.
Drive the old Masers then drive the modern F1 cars it's night and day.. its a great example of why other 'sims' over do the driving on ice stuff.
Can you imagine if the modern F1 cars handled like the Masers and the Lotus 49!? You'd wonder what they have been doing for 50-60 odd years...

I think the OP meant they are easy under the limit. Some iterations of F1 cars in sims make them feel extremely hard to manage even when not pushing, which is wrong in my opinion as well, so I agree with OP to some extent (this is only an opinion as neither I, nor OP has driven an F1 car, I guess). Obviously every car is hard to drive at their physical limitations, F1 cars can feel even harder, because everything happens so damn fast there is very little time to react. Driving consistently fast with an F1 car like the big guys IRL do is an other huge challenge.

I don't think a Mercedes would feel much faster though. One second difference is a lot on paper, but try to clap twice with one second in between and you realize it's a very small difference over the period of a minute and a half a typical lap takes.

I think the OP meant they are easy under the limit. Some iterations of F1 cars in sims make them feel extremely hard to manage even when not pushing, which is wrong in my opinion as well, so I agree with OP to some extent (this is only an opinion as neither I, nor OP has driven an F1 car, I guess). Obviously every car is hard to drive at their physical limitations, F1 cars can feel even harder, because everything happens so damn fast there is very little time to react. Driving consistently fast with an F1 car like the big guys IRL do is an other huge challenge.

I don't think a Mercedes would feel much faster though. One second difference is a lot on paper, but try to clap twice with one second in between and you realize it's a very small difference over the period of a minute and a half a typical lap takes.

Not so much that the Merc would feel faster, but its a better machine than the Ferrari's so as a whole package is just better at everything.

I hate the fact people will say 'sims' have to have cars feel like they are on ice, its just not how these things are engineered, why would they be? The aim of F1 ain't to make it hard for the driver, its to make it 'easier' hence why Button bangs on about 'can't find a balance' whenever he struggles.
Now the old Masers..now thats a different story...

But the Ferrari's, you can just feel how sorted they are, a pinnacle of motoring engineering. Glad kunos have the balls to be honest.
Turn 10 make cars in Forza drive on ice as it's a 'game' and the game is to work around that crap handling model.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 292 13.4%