Welcome

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Welcome to the new official forums

With the recent release I have had an increase in the number of people emailing either to ask “how to” questions or to give suggestions on how to improve BTB. Whilst I am very happy that people are excited by the possibilities that BTB opens up, I am unable to reply to all of them because the time it takes would adversely affect BTB development.

Hence I direct everyone to these forums ( http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/ ) for anything that could be asked and answered publicly. I rely on the rFactor and RBR communities to help answer questions on these official BTB forums. I do still try to read every post and if a question goes unanswered long enough, then I will endeavour to answer it.

Do email me (bob at bobstrackbuilder.net) for anything related to your web account or licensing issues; I don't want anyone to feel as if they are being abandoned.

Please help answer each other’s questions and spend some time exploring the application, watching the videos and read the user manual (Press F1 or directly open the User Manual.chm in your BobsTrackBuilder folder).

Beginners
Licenses

Purchasing a Single User License entitles you to run Bobs Track Builder on one PC. The license will be created specifically for your Motherboard and CPU and will be valid for the number of months that you specify when submitting the HardwareId.txt file.

The license will be removed from the BTB website automatically 7 days prior to the expiry date. You will then be able to sumbit a new license for either the same PC or a new PC.

rFactor Rebuild Collision Mesh setting

rFactor has a precalculated mesh used for collisions. For most people this is calculated the first time they load a track. rFacotr has some mechanism that decides when to rebuild the mesh. In most cases this works fine, but sometimes it decides not to rebuild the collision mesh even though an important change has been made. As a "track developer" you will need to make a change to your PLR file.
Using a text editor such as notepad, edit the file C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\[YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME]\[YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME].PLR , where [YOUR_RFACTOR_NAME] is the name of your account in rFactor.
Change the following line so that it is 1 instead of 0.

Always Rebuild HAT="1" // Build HAT database everytime tracks are loaded (for development purposes)

Vista / Windows 7

I cannot support them - use at your own risk. http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/16088-vista-windows-7-a.html

Reporting a Problem

I try to make BTB as bug free as possible, but sometimes things slip hrough the cracks. In order to help you with any BTB problem please follow and read this link before posting your progrem.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/15627-reporting-problem.html

Purchasing

Purchasing is done via PayPal. I don't have resources to offer other methods at this time.

One purchase of BTB gives you license to run on one PC for a specific period of time determined by you. Once the time has expired you can transfer BTB to another machine.

Happy Track Building

• buckets

Hello all,

Glad to see BTB has forums again - looking forward to seeing what people have been doing over the last couple of months.

buckets (Duff)

Welcome back to the forums everyone, nice to have a replacement now that RSC seems to have gone belly up :( Shame, because there was a lot of usefull information on there, oh well guess its gone now, lost in the vast network of tubes on the interweb. And Piddy, thanks for finding us a new home :thanks:

• Fatboymart

So this is where all you guy's have been hiding. As said already, it's great to be able to keep up to date with what's going on again.

Martin

:clap::dance2:

Hi all, I am new here and from same community like wixi.

Here my first steps:
Feel free to comment!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf-0BD0d1F4&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Turn the sound off, if you do not like death metal :D

Well what can I say....Since installing this amazing software I have lost all my hair I have dark circles under my eyes and I have forgotten about Sex.....Man I think I even need glasses...Now where is my packet of chips and coke...:)

Brendon you need to be congratualed on all your work, in allowing us all to be apart of this very helpful forum and BTB software.

Thank you...( My Wife hates you ) :)

Kindest regards FDGNukeOZ.

• Fatboymart

Well what can I say....Since installing this amazing software I have lost all my hair I have dark circles under my eyes and I have forgotten about Sex.....Man I think I even need glasses...Now where is my packet of chips and coke...:)

Brendon you need to be congratualed on all your work, in allowing us all to be apart of this very helpful forum and BTB software.

Thank you...( My Wife hates you ) :)

Kindest regards FDGNukeOZ.

@Piddy: I think all our wives hate you:)

Turn the sound off, if you do not like death metal :D

Hey toergisch, great song loll, but I don't listen to death metal anymore. What is that band ? I was listening to that when I was more young. I still like it a little, but I would not listen to that type of music everyday, specially the vocal which I don't like. It sounds like disgorge. Btw, I've just write a new song with my guitar and you can listen to it on my website maybe you would like it, it's called : NewTOunenregistrvitefaite.mp3. I've recorded that one very fast and using a metronome, so don't mind about the errors at the end, it's not final version. ;)

http://www.purevolume.com/dissipationofdestinysfragments

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing