RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Np Gunther, and didnt even see the chat. Sometimes it makes the race more interesting coming from last and working your way thru the field,finishing 5th makes it all the more satisfying. Had a good race with Vincent in R1 too, albieit about 1 sec apart, but we were very close entire race distance.
Funny, before tonight didnt really like this track or these cars and as I'll be away from home most of next week was thinking about giving it a miss, but now I love the cars and the tracks alright too. good fun night.

Qual: Broke into 1:15's which was a nice surprise, after not driving these cars much.

Race 1: Got a good start off the line and passed Michael H. to get into 3rd. But after a few laps I overshot at one of the slow left handers and went onto the grass. Came back on track 8th or so and crawled up a few more places. I saw David Lemon's magic disappearing trick in front of me - bad luck, it was shaping up to be a good race.

Race 2: I got another good start off the line from P3 but got bumped into the wall and ended up coming into T1 about 11th or thereabouts. Then in the next couple of laps I clipped the grass in the 5th gear esses and spun off the track, putting me to the back of the field. I caught up to Garry Pullen at the end of the straight but misjudged his braking and tapped his back. He recovered, but then came off by himself, but at the time I thought it was because of my tap and waited an age while he extracted himself from a tyre wall. Thanks for telling me to go :) I eventually climbed back up to 7th.

These cars were heaps of fun - it's nice to drive something that doesn't understeer through all the corners for a change.

Great fun today with them cars :)

race1 good race and fun

race2 was going great up to 7th was making me dizzy being so high up the field! :) :) then came Günthar Rowe or should i say come through me!! :( at fist was p***** off when you put wtf, but after seeing your post alls ok mate :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the race all and np Günthar Rowe that's racing :):):)

• Razvan Pat

I did well in qualy, didn't make any mistakes so I thought I would do ok in the races... I didn't :)

Race 1: On the first lap I was fighting David Lemon for p5 but on one turn we touched and both of us ended up spinning. Gunthar Rowe hit me from behind and so my race was nearly over... I have no ideea how come the impact with David was so strong, I think I watched the replay 20 times and I still can't figure it out.. my best guess is that lag was involved.. At least I think I got the screenshot of the day.. see below :thumb:

Race 2: I was distracted all the race, couldn't find my pace, but I guess everyone else had a bad race since I finished 9th :p

radical_crash.jpg

• Steve Perryman

These cars are great fun, and hopefully we will race them again soon.

Race 1, started near back of grid due to poor quali time, and slowly picked up spots to end up 8th, had a good chase with Grant Powell at the end and just got edged out by about 3/10 of a second.

Race 2, Started 1st on the Grid!!, was crapping my pants, but made a clean getaway, unlike the carnage that ensued behind.
Eventually got hauled in by the faster Guys, no probs with the tap Michael, didn't affect my race at all.
Slowly lost sight of Front three, but later on Vincent Khan and Michael both spun handing me 2nd for a while, but my slower pace meant they caught up fairly quickly, and when Vincent drew up alongside at the end of the main straight, I spent too much time looking at the rear view and braked too late.
So ended up 4th, but still happy with that.

I'm involved with 2 other leagues at the moment, so cannot give the time necessary to get further up the grid from longer testing, but really enjoy the Sunday night Racing club at Racedepartment, more so than my Monday league at the moment.

Thanks again for the server and the race, see You all next week.

Hi,

I caught up to Garry Pullen at the end of the straight but misjudged his braking and tapped his back. He recovered, but then came off by himself, but at the time I thought it was because of my tap and waited an age while he extracted himself from a tyre wall. Thanks for telling me to go :) I eventually climbed back up to 7th.

Sorry about that, I thought I could recover quicker then what I did. I have now defined a key for Go Go Go just in case it happens again, so I can give the Go message quicker

Great fun today with them cars :)

race1 good race and fun

race2 was going great up to 7th was making me dizzy being so high up the field! :) :) then came Günthar Rowe or should i say come through me!! :( at fist was p***** off when you put wtf, but after seeing your post alls ok mate :) :) :) :)

Thanks for the race all and np Günthar Rowe that's racing :):):)

I have edited my Quick Chat now to only say nice things in your honour!!!

Wow these where fun and are very fast :becky:

Race 1: Finished 7th pretty boring race other then an incident with Mike Steel at the chicane i believe this was just a racing incident but unfortunately Mike came of worse and spun, i believed i had done nothing wrong so did not stop to give back the position, if someone watches the replay and disagress please post and i will offer my humble apologies to Mike if it appears i did anything wrong ?

Race 2: Started P2 here and was hot on the tail of Imperious but his braking was a bit earlier then mine meaning i was backing the pack up and by the end of the first lap i got clipped by Mr Herrmann and spun, off i went again and then it was Gunthar's turn to clip me :D and off i went again, so the race continued and the magnetic forces of my radical drew Mr Herrmann once again into my rear and off i went again.Finally finished 10th with Mr Herrmann sniffing at my rear again.

Both Michael & Gunthar where great sports waiting for me to rejoin and apologising on TS, these where just racing incidents so there is no hard feelings, well except for Michael and you call yourself a team mate :D only kidding buddy, i lost count of how many times you apologised on TS.

So overall i had fun and was pretty quick in these cars, well quicker then i am in the WTCC cars and this is a lovely fast track but no Oceania events for me in the next two weeks as im off to Cyprus on holiday/wedding as im the best man on Sunday and not back till late the following Sunday so have fun guys, and Michael try not to get drawn to anyone else's rear or people might start to talk :wink:

I had my best event on my racedepartment career
Qual->2nd pos, race1 - 2nd, race2 - 1st place:cool:

I had a great battle against Vincent Kan on race2. It was really hard to catch Michael Stead. I saw his car is unstable on T2 & T3 several times, but it wasn't enough for me to pass him.
Finally I won our concentrating-competition. Michael dropped his car at the fast-chicane on lap 9 or 10, and I became the winner

Thanks for organizing, I think these oceania-nights are the cleanest events, most of the players are fair and skillful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%