RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Nice, very close field in this event!

Practice: 1st
Quali: Went off at the exit of last corner, and got 7th (I always ruin my superpole quali these times)

Race 1: Got a pretty good start, already up to 6th, then not long after 5th. I did my pit stop in lap 6. After everybody finished pitting, I was 3rd, behind Matt and Nicolas. I passed Nicolas when he lost traction in last corner, so I could accelerate out better! In last lap Matt and Chris collided @ T6. There wasn't much time to think as James and Emil followed me very close! After rejoining, Matt went off at turn 7 as well I and I passed him. Maybe it wasn't a really kind-hearted thing from me, I'm sorry. I just thought, things like this can happen, it happened to me before as well! The other thing that happens quite often when somebody makes a mistake ahead me (or gets tapped), and I back off, is that I get passed by the guys behind me. I also watched the replay a couple of times, and tbh and I don't think it's entirely Chris' fault, I would have turned on a wider line there as Chris was off the grass inside so it already seemed pretty dangerous. And T7 exit had not much to do with the crash. Anyways it's not my best win ever, it was just luck for me, and bad luck for Matt.

Race 2: P8 was a much worse place to start from, outside line in T1 is a lot better to have. Dropped a few positions back, especially because I had some Beemers starting right behind me. I stuck behind David and Marius for a while, then Szabolcs also passed me after a slight mistake. Nice little battle there, but then I decided to leave into the pits at lap 5, I didn't want to lose much time to the leaders. But it was over, when Chris held up James & Matt I came closer, but after it was clear I couldn't, we did pretty similar laptimes. At the end it was 3 seconds between me and James. Finished 4th.

Thanks Yuri and RD!

The opening comments about the track are making me giggle.....................there is room out there you just have to be VERY PRECISE about how you pass.

BUT if you notice, there is lots of soft landing outside the racing surface that may scratch up the paint but won't destroy the car at least!
Just did my first couple of laps just to get an idea of what the track is like and all I can is man, it's gonna be a war zone out there. There isn't much run off around most of the track as it is lined with guard rail, similar to the Nordschleife, so any mistake in the infield can be costly. That combined with a fairly narrow track and next to no clear passing opportunities, and I guarantee you things will get interesting. This race is gonna be all about patience and smooth lines.

Nice, very close field in this event!

Practice: 1st
Quali: Went off at the exit of last corner, and got 7th (I always ruin my superpole quali these times)

Race 1: Got a pretty good start, already up to 6th, then not long after 5th. I did my pit stop in lap 6. After everybody finished pitting, I was 3rd, behind Matt and Nicolas. I passed Nicolas when he lost traction in last corner, so I could accelerate out better! In last lap Matt and Chris collided @ T6. There wasn't much time to think as James and Emil followed me very close! After rejoining, Matt went off at turn 7 as well I and I passed him. Maybe it wasn't a really kind-hearted thing from me, I'm sorry. I just thought, things like this can happen, it happened to me before as well! The other thing that happens quite often when somebody makes a mistake ahead me (or gets tapped), and I back off, is that I get passed by the guys behind me. I also watched the replay a couple of times, and tbh and I don't think it's entirely Chris' fault, I would have turned on a wider line there as Chris was off the grass inside so it already seemed pretty dangerous. And T7 exit had not much to do with the crash. Anyways it's not my best win ever, it was just luck for me, and bad luck for Matt.

Race 2: P8 was a much worse place to start from, outside line in T1 is a lot better to have. Dropped a few positions back, especially because I had some Beemers starting right behind me. I stuck behind David and Marius for a while, then Szabolcs also passed me after a slight mistake. Nice little battle there, but then I decided to leave into the pits at lap 5, I didn't want to lose much time to the leaders. But it was over, when Chris held up James & Matt I came closer, but after it was clear I couldn't, we did pretty similar laptimes. At the end it was 3 seconds between me and James. Finished 4th.

Thanks Yuri and RD!

I've just watched back race 1 and I must say sorry to Matt for that, I thought I'd got on the grass enough to get out the way for all the front runners who were going to lap me, when we touched I thought it was the dumps on the grass not matts car really sorry mate that cost you a place :frown:.

Race 2 my pace may have been no were near the front runners but I was racing not about to be lapped so I wasn't just going to move off race line to let people by, I didn't even expect to end up working my up that far by going longer in to the race before pitting but again I can only say sorry if I held anyone up

FormulaProRacingclubflyersmall.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-F1

Class: 2007 Formula 1 League Edition
Track:
British GP
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Race 2 my pace may have been no were near the front runners but I was racing not about to be lapped so I wasn't just going to move off race line to let people by, I didn't even expect to end up working my up that far by going longer in to the race before pitting but again I can only say sorry if I held anyone up

I don't think you have to say sorry for that, as you said it was a racing situation, so you didn't have to let them by!

In case you haven't noticed, I have been trying to mix things up a bit and trying some different mods, which haven't gotten so much attention in the ARC just yet. This time I have something special for you all. The excellent 2007 Formula 1 cars by Mak-Corp on the legendary British Gran Prix circuit of Silverstone. This is a very fast track with several blind corners. Get ready to strap in for one hell of a ride!

Don't let there lap times scare you. During the short testing session tonight I was a couple of seconds slower than the slowest driver in the vid. :)

Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
  2. Glenn Peterson
  3. William Nowell
  4. Lazlo Acera
  5. Sam Ventura
  6. Don Davis
  7. Eric Dennis
  8. Claudio Caferri
  9. Eric Kaczmarek
  10. Yves Larose
  11. Rafael Barbosa