RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

The opening comments about the track are making me giggle.....................there is room out there you just have to be VERY PRECISE about how you pass.

BUT if you notice, there is lots of soft landing outside the racing surface that may scratch up the paint but won't destroy the car at least!

he he he he he he he it's gonna be a barn burner!

Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, USA
7 June 2010

GT Pro Division

I do have one beef I'd like to bring up, though. It seems that one of the golden rules gets swept aside in the heat of the battle and the desire to not lose postions. The one I'm talking about is when cars go off track or stop on the track. Many of the drivers, both new and veteran have forgotten that you need to allow cars to pass and resume racing when there is an opening. I've seen many guys go off and resume without a thought about who their pulling in front of. I saw it in this race and in others and it seems to be increasing. Also, if your car comes to a stop on the track, DO NOT move into the line when there are cars approaching. Either stay still so cars can maneuver around you or hit escape to leave the race. Sorry.

Beyond that little 'beef', I'm looking forward to the next race with all you guys!
"Boy's, load up the GT Sports! We're going back in time to Fuji 1970!"

Glenn this is a HUGE RULE here at RD! it's what seperates us from any public server! IT is also a reportable incident as a violation if RULE 6 and 10!

RULE 6 :If you accidentally leave the track for what ever reason you must wait till there is a clear safe gap before rejoining the track. Apon rejoining the track get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.

RULE 10: If you are involved in an accident, do not intentionally leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers, or result in more accidents. Once your car comes to a stop, if your blocking the track, you should either get yourself safely off the track if you can, or if your car is immobilised, hit ESC to avoid further confusion.

IN the end, the message is be careful and considerate when dealing with an off track excursion or contact incident,

It is with great pleasure that I can introduce you to the newest member of the AMERICAN RACING CLUB racing staff!

Stefan Werner is now part of the Racing staff here at RD!

I had been carefully considering a wingman for me here at the ARC and decided that Stefan had that certain something you need to do this job for free! INSANITY! ok maybe not true insanity but the willingness to do for the many at the cost of the one might be more accurate.

You may have noticed Stefan has been managing the Tuesday and Saturday time slots for me and has done a terrific job during this "probationary" period.

So we gave him a set of keys for the rest of the "dark regions" here at RD which regular members are unaware of that involve the daily management of things here at RD.

SO please give Stefan a warm welcome and your full support for accepting my invitation to join the asylum!

His efforts, like mine, directly benefit you the RD and AMERICAN RACING CLUB member!

Not the best of races for me - a lot of life distractions this week...

I never really got into the races mentally, but still managed to finish mid-pack (which is where I expected to finish with who lined up on the grid). Short race report since I think Glenn captured most of the carnage already...

Race 1: Started in the middle, typical pushing and shoving through T1. Made it out in one piece and was blasting down the straight into T5 behind William, and I promptly lost focus of where I was on the track and torpedoed William straight off. Very sorry again William, usually if anything I'm overly cautious :( I rejoined at the back of the field to try and recoup some focus, and eventually picked my way up through the field to finish in P9.

Race 2: Race 2 must have been some karmic payback for bouncing William off in Race 1. Started just outside most of the fast guys. Was cruising along in the pack and apparently my Aston was holding up Christian's viper and he bounced me off into the grass on the front straight. So I again started near the rear of the pack. By lap 2 I had had settled in and was steadily gaining ground, when (in another moment of karma) as I turned in for T5 I got t-boned which sent me into a massive flip/roll. After going end over end about a dozen times and flying 20 ft off the ground, somehow my car was still running (was this really a British car?). I again dusted myself off, just considering myself lucky that my ride was still operational, and began to claw back through the field. Made it back up to P10, and on the second to last lap I caught Eric D - so I tried to push hard to at least get up to P9. I also saw that William was dropping back pretty quick, so I thought P8 may have been in reach as well. It seemed like a solid plan, but I think as the tires degraded and fuel weight was lost I finally started to feel the effects of the barrel roll. Eric drove like a madman to hold me off, and I finished in P10.

if it rains then I suspect I am in big trouble. I realy need to practice racing in the rain... any tips on what to think of??

Try the rain tires! and um reduce brake pressure so you aren;t locking up the wheels in the rain.....

softer suspension settings are a typical real life tuning option as well. YO ucan always load the track in an Offline PRactice event and specifiy rain in the parameters.

Again a great race.

Quali:
I had my pace and the free track that i needed. My time was pretty fast and that gave me some room to manage the forum. At the end of the practice i saw that some alien had beaten my time :mad:. It was mister Peter Duivelaar that ruined the party :tongue: Good job Peter :wink::pray:

Race 1:
I had a superstart and stole back my earned pole :bang:There were some fights in my rear mirror between Peter and David and that gave me the room to slam a gab. I managed to hold that position for the whole race and finished first :banana:
Race 2:
Started in 8th position and had a good start. I managed to overtake some of you and ended up in some intense fights with Martijn. All the way bumper to bumper clear fighting it was. Suddenly the game stops and came back 10 seconds later. In this misterious pc blackout i lost a few places. So there we go again. I drove the sh*t out of my Porsche and founded Martijn again. In the end i managed to overtake him and i finished fourth.

Had a great time with beautiful dog fights. I like to see that everybody is enjoining these Porsche Mobil 1 club matches and every week the grid is almost full.

See you all next week, same car, other track...

• Nick Soudant

sign me up please ill drive an alfa 156 2007 please

edit: sorry have to sign me out again a good friend of mine called me to go do something else sorry for the trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back