Team ORSM

Yes I think the handling and feel has been improved which is great but this seems to effected the AI. They are all a lot slower now and they seem to brake way too early? Is this just my mod install or has anyone else found this? We are on dial up here so the AI are a big part of the enjoyment. Any help would be appriciated.

I've tried it on tracks that I know the AI are good and the difference between the two versions is quite considerable, they brake miles before the should and the lap times are nearly 10 seconds slower? I have tried switching back and forth and its the same every time, maybe increased drag or brake grip?

I've tried it on tracks that I know the AI are good and the difference between the two versions is quite considerable, they brake miles before the should and the lap times are nearly 10 seconds slower? I have tried switching back and forth and its the same every time, maybe increased drag or brake grip?

Hi Muzarati.

Thanks for joining the Forum. Its always good to hear feedback on the Mod. I will test it myself, because I haven't experienced this myself either.

Can you please PM me with the tracks you have noticed this on, and I will check to see if it is a track specific problem, or something for us to iron out before the next release.

Once we find out the issue, we can post the solution here so if others are experiencing the same thing, we can get it solved in 1 post.

That's strange. In all my physics adjustments I was careful to make sure I didn't ruin the AI. In fact I found the AI to be excellent opponents with some very intense battles going on. Perhaps my AI file settings are different to yours? In particular try setting the AI Limiter parameter in your PLR file to zero: eg AI Limiter="0.00000". Also in the game's Difficulty settings menu make sure the "AI Strength" and "AI Aggression" are both set to 100%. Low AI aggression will result in very timid behavior around other cars.

I think the cars have improved. But I am one of those that have enjoyed all the iterations so far. :)

I can feel the increased grip and better braking, and noticed the torque changes. I also noticed I can change the Roll Center during a pit stop now. We will be starting our 4th full season this year with this fabulous mod.

Glad you've enjoyed our mod for so long and you are spot on with your observations about grip, braking and torque. But actually the rear roll centre adjustment was added in v1.2 ;).

That's strange. In all my physics adjustments I was careful to make sure I didn't ruin the AI. In fact I found the AI to be excellent opponents with some very intense battles going on. Perhaps my AI file settings are different to yours? In particular try setting the AI Limiter parameter in your PLR file to zero: eg AI Limiter=\"0.00000\". Also in the game's Difficulty settings menu make sure the \"AI Strength\" and \"AI Aggression\" are both set to 100%. Low AI aggression will result in very timid behavior around other cars.

Muzarati.

when we tested this scenario and setting on Bathurst, we found it had a 5 second difference between setting it on 0.000 and on the rF default of 1.

That instruction was included in the original Readme from the first release, but seeing that was a while ago, many may have missed it with reinstalls and PC crashes.

If that doesn't fix it, let us know the tracks affected so we can check into it further.

I can say on 100% strength and aggression, the AI kick me all over the road.

Ok I will have a look when I get a chance, one question though, does the AI Limiter ignore the talent files and give the AI all the same ability?

No, in fact the talent file values seem to be more accurately applied when the AI limiter is on zero. When the AI Limiter value is above 0 it artificially 'limits' the AI to try to make the racing closer, but it my experience it simply stuffs up the AI.

However the setting called Autocalibrate AI Mode will ignore the talent files if it is set to "1" - you should have Autocalibrate AI Mode="0".

Hi everyone, My first post

I downloaded some new tyres ie: bridgestone, prielli ect, and according to the instructions I believe I installed them correctly.

However, my problem is the whole group of drivers have that same tyre even though I placed the file only in the folder of my choice. Currentley they all have Dunlops, I installed a bridgestone tyre with white writing on the tyre wall, go into the game (start of a race) and they now have the exact same tyre.

Anyone come across this issue, many thanks

---------------------------------------

Hi team, great mod v1.3, must say, feel the car much better now, better imersion factor, better feel, better enjoyment, better move house now other half don't see me anymore, better be careful she might join the competition...LoL.

Anyway, reason I'm here is to ask kindly for any one that likes to solve an issue, rather me explaining it all again follow the above link.
On my part and understanding it seems strange for this to occur, but obviously, the mod is programmed in such a way to refelect this outcome. Definently not a seroius issue, curious on my part, may be of interest to the Tech professionals.

Hope to be online racing soon, lap times need to get a bit better

thanks for your interest.

Nice new forum you have here.

Can't wait for the VE but still quite happy with what you have given us. It's nice to have such a talented team working on the best racing series there is!

Im using V8 supercars V1.3, and the files are V8_TYRE00.dds, V8_TYRE01.dds, V8_TYRE02.dds, V8_TYRE.dds
According to the readme it states , Place these files in your vech of choice, so I chose the JDR team, and placed the above files in JDR folder, when in game all the exixting dunlop tyres on all the vech racing have changed their tyres to reflect the new bridgestone tyres.

These are the files from D Painter http://www.rfactorcentral.com/skins.cfm

try it out, good looking tyres to...If D painter is viewing What am I doing wrong

Thanx

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years