Weird zero speed body damping.

If you watch the car from inside or outside, if you accelerate suddenly from a standstill and then stop again the car pitches back under acceleration in good time, then dives again in good time.

But the return to level pitch after the stop seems very slow taking up to maybe 3 or 4 seconds.

It's almost as if the rebound at the front shocks has gone solid, and the same for rear bump rate.

I know low speed > 0 speed behaviour is always a tough one to get right and I'm not sure how much of a problem it is beyond the visual appearance, but it does look weird if you come to a hard stop in a replay and the car then pitches back level over a second or so.

I'm just curious if this might be a bug, or just a way to control things at low speed stop events?

It doesn't seem to be present when accelerating away hard from a standstill so far which is good.

Obviously AC is all about racing and generally fairly stiff cars, but a car that does a lot of pitching might look very weird after coming to a hard stop :D

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back