Weird Flashes while driving RACE

P

Peter Meijer

• Peter Meijer

Hello,

I just bought RACE and installed it right away.
But when i came online there were weird flashes and things.

I made a screenshot.

It's not every second, but quite oft. It's very anoying because when i'm driving a perfect lap the next thing i see is my car in a tyrewall....
Does anyone know what causes this problem??

Greetz Pure :(

• Peter Meijer

No, i think it was a problem from the server. Because i just raced another server and in that server i didn't have the problem. :twisted: I hope it stays like this :)

• Peter Meijer

No, yesterday, i had to much lag and defragmentate my computer. The game had to search all files again. And i had the same problem again. After 10 minutes it was gone... I don't know why, but i think the game has to get used to the tracks, cars, views, driving online and things like that. I only got that screen while driving with the view back of my car. But a tip: (i did this too) Take the view from the back of your car, and rotate with your numpad 4, 6, 2 ,8 and 7. After that the problem was gone :).

Greetz Pure..

yeah the games needs to render the wholme track at once, or store it in the RAM. That way the game gets the track fasterand no framedrops occur. The 2-4-6-8 method is nicely found. That way the game renders every "angle" of the track.

This problem is very common when you're graphics card is overheating or you're running out of memory . You might want to look into you're temperatures and see memory usage.. there are some useful tools on the internet that can help you monitor these things.
Also update drivers from manufacturer's web page.

My advice is to clean you're graphics card cooler of dust and replace the thermal conductive grease that is between you're graphics card chipset and cooler heatsink. I'm 99% sure it's not a server problem.
If you s till get it then you might wanna try to lower graphics, or set the draw distance to near (less data to render).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%