Weird autoshift issue concerning drivetrain.ini

Hi,

Just lately, I've been noticing a weird issue with mod cars not autoshifting. I've had this happen with a Mitsubishi Eclipse, a Jaguar XK120 and just now with a Lexus LFA. It has to do with the [AUTOSHIFTER] line in drivetrain.ini. Sometimes, even though you've got the automatic gears set up in the game, it skips or doesn't recognise that line and the car is stuck with manual shift.

I've been able to fix this with the Eclipse and the Lexus. With the Eclipse, I deleted the [AUTOSHIFTER] line from its drivetrain.ini. Then, I found another car that had a data folder and copied the [AUTOSHIFTER] line from that car's drivetrain.ini into the Eclipse's one. I saved the file and the car could autoshift again. I did similar with the Lexus, there was also a TDE version and the autoshift on that version worked. So, I copied the [AUTOSHIFT] line from the TDE's file to the other version and that worked.

I tried doing likewise with the Jag, but it just wouldn't work, so I binned the car. Shame as it was the only example of the XK120 road car I could find.

Anyway, should you find yourself with a similar issue, you have something you can try

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Another interesting one cropped up a bit ago concerning a 1930 Bentley V16 I found on YouTube. It too had an autoshift issue. I tried changing the line, but to no avail, so I deleted it, and the car worked! I know! (Great sound too, borrowed that for my Veyron!)

I tried the Jag again, it didn't actually have a data folder, so I copied the data folder from the race version and then tried to work with the drivetrain.ini. Nothing worked, it still sat in neutral. If anyone knows why this is I'd love to know! I really want to drive that car!

CHEERS!

YEEEESS! Fixed the Jag! I downloaded the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner, set up a new tune, which basically created a whole new car, put the data folder from the race car in it, swapped the engine with the race one and the new tuned car worked like a charm. I was then able to delete the old car and have a fully working car again. That little program is a godsend!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%