weekday GSC Blancpain USA league

I was wondering if it would be possible to organize a US time zone weekday Blancpain league.

Obviously the biggest issue would be participation. Anything less than 30 drivers at the beginning would be destined to fail.

On the other hand, if we pick a good starting time we may be able to interest some of the Brazilian, Latin America drivers to beef up the ranks.

The Blancpain mod is still a bit rough around the edges, but it is a lot of fun.

I know there is talk of a Saturday league, but not everyone can attend on weekends and midweek, evening leagues are usually more popular.

Anyway, I just wanted to put it out there and see how many people respond. Ideally I'd like to see a small core that is able to recruit more drivers from other communities.

I have been racing with a GTR2 based league and we have been able to field 30 to 40 drivers every single week. It's not impossible.

The biggest issue isn't participation, it's workload. Running a league takes a lot of work and preparation. There's testing, content creation, points management, skins, streams, commentators, running a test league first, organizing, dealing with incidents, helping participants, driver absence contingencies, and more. Many people shout for a league, not so many volunteer to help. I'll say again. Running a league takes a lot of work, more than people think.

A league may get a good number of racers, and I don't think 'less than 30 would be destined to fail'. Personally I'd not even want to run a league until we had a few club races at a similar time to see what sort of attendance we get, just to be sure.

I am personally open to the idea of a league in the near future, though in an american time-zone, evening, would be impossible for me to run due to the time difference. You'd need two reliable people ready to organise it, and get an outline of what you propose to staff before anything could happen. Note, of course it's not my final decision either. I am also open to running a euro-friendly league (not necessarily GTs, I'm not sure) in the future but it depends on what time I have available and what help I can get (and what experience I gain from helping out with the FTrucks league)

Im ok with a North American schedule either midweek or weekends.
If it is a Europen schedule, then for me would only work weekends, as midweeks is impossible for me to commit.

But for me would be a lot better a North American one. It is more of a friendly time.

Im one of the guys asking for a League, assuming that Race Departament have enough personel to run it.
Off course Im new here, so I dont really know.

If only Andrew can take care of this, then for sure is a hell of a workload to cover...and then I understand why we dont have an League already.

The biggest issue isn't participation, it's workload. Running a league takes a lot of work and preparation. There's testing, content creation, points management, skins, streams, commentators, running a test league first, organizing, dealing with incidents, helping participants, driver absence contingencies, and more. Many people shout for a league, not so many volunteer to help. I'll say again. Running a league takes a lot of work, more than people think.

A league may get a good number of racers, and I don't think 'less than 30 would be destined to fail'. Personally I'd not even want to run a league until we had a few club races at a similar time to see what sort of attendance we get, just to be sure.

I am personally open to the idea of a league in the near future, though in an american time-zone, evening, would be impossible for me to run due to the time difference. You'd need two reliable people ready to organise it, and get an outline of what you propose to staff before anything could happen. Note, of course it's not my final decision either. I am also open to running a euro-friendly league (not necessarily GTs, I'm not sure) in the future but it depends on what time I have available and what help I can get (and what experience I gain from helping out with the FTrucks league)

Indeed I am very aware of the amount of work it takes. That;'s why I was thinking of running a blancpain USA league. It would be contingent on a European Blancpain league (which people are discussing) and piggy backing on it in case it gets done as a weekdays league.

If the Euro version is done at the same time as the current Club race, then it would not be necessary to have a US version, although speaking strictly for myself, getting up on a weekend morning, darkening my room and racing is not my idea of a good time. I prefer evening races by far.

In any event, if a Euro Blancpain gets organized and it's not in an ideal US time, I am willing to learn the ropes and help with the US version. The reason I posted now was to see how many US drivers would be willing to race. I figured if at least 10 were able to commit, then the other 20 would be fairly easy to find with a bit of marketing and that should produce 20 core racers for the series.

I am pulling these numbers straight out of my ass, and then rounding them up, but I think they are fairly close to reality.

If I were to organize the whole thing by myself I know it would be impossible. Any league would need at least 3 organizers, 2 of which with experience. I only have experience racing them (but I am not an idiot and I learn quick).

Anyway, I hope that explaining the spirit of my post helped a bit. I did want to add all of this to the main post not to get the message lost in a sea of "ifs" and "Maybes".

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%