Week 9: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: WTCC Extreme BMW - Michel Salvador
Track: Osterreichring 1970 v1.1 - Nick Deeley
Weather: Dry

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 7

snscweek9b.png

Hey hey hey!!!! I didn't get a time last week in the standings? I did 1:44:456 and i have no entry? What what what? I was pretty happy with that result. I uploaded the replay files (whole session and hotlap) to prove.

Attachments

• SpeedForce Raceway_090809_0043_Qualify.Vcr
    1.5 KB · Views: 212
  • SpeedForce Raceway_090809_0043_Qualify HOT LAP.Vcr
    298 bytes · Views: 216
Just knocked in a 1:34. Help MEE! Is there anyone willing to give up their secrets (setups):plus1:
I'm willing to! Try this one. If you like to, watch the attached replay to see the line i used, and what speeds are good in the corners. Maybe you need some slight countersteer here and there, but don't drift! It would cost you too much time! Hope it helps!

Have fun!

Attachments

• R-BMW Extreme faster.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Osterreich70_Reik_SNSC_1-28-432.Vcr
    87.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Ariff Roose

I'm willing to! Try this one. If you like to, watch the attached replay to see the line i used, and what speeds are good in the corners. Maybe you need some slight countersteer here and there, but don't drift! It would cost you too much time! Hope it helps!

Have fun!

WOOOW! It's gonna take time for me to get used to as Im using Keyboards controls.
Setup is oversteer and as I realised that on the first turn i could carry an easy 280 on gear 6 while on the normal setup I flew into the barriers at that speed.

Great Setup! Seriously!!

WOOOW! It's gonna take time for me to get used to as Im using Keyboards controls.
Setup is oversteer and as I realised that on the first turn i could carry an easy 280 on gear 6 while on the normal setup I flew into the barriers at that speed.

Great Setup! Seriously!!

Thx! The setup fits perfect with my black momo of course and the FFB gives me very good resonance, so i understand that it's more tricky with a keyboard.

btw: Have you ever thought about buying a wheel? Me and my brother are very happy with our black momos and i can highly recommend it for everyone, who hasn't enough money for a G25! It is very solid, gives good feedback and when i bought it, it costed me 120 euros. Now i've seen it for about 90 Euros allready. A great toy i can say! :bang:

• Ariff Roose

Thx! The setup fits perfect with my black momo of course and the FFB gives me very good resonance, so i understand that it's more tricky with a keyboard.

btw: Have you ever thought about buying a wheel? Me and my brother are very happy with our black momos and i can highly recommend it for everyone, who hasn't enough money for a G25! It is very solid, gives good feedback and when i bought it, it costed me 120 euros. Now i've seen it for about 90 Euros allready. A great toy i can say! :bang:

O_O cool much cheaper than a G25. I'll save up some money in the next few weeks and try to search for it. Is it any good compared to the G25?:victory:

... Is it any good compared to the G25?:victory:

Well, i only had some minutes to try the G25 over a year ago. Of course the G25 is much more expensive, so it's many more features to offer. Maybe also a bit more Quality. For me i can say, i don't need a manuel clutch or an H-shifter. The pedals and the sequentiel stick are enough for me. And i bet if you ask around, the black momo will be voted the best middle priced wheel. I think me and my brother are well experienced drivers and we both improved or skills from none FFB wheel to this momo.

Open a thread here and let other users tell about their experiences and a comparisen with the G25...

As pointed previously the number of laps kind of gives me away as really liking this combination...

After looking into Reik's setup and the amount of aerodynamic support his setup provides... I wonder one thing; you guys doing low 28/29 seconds are going for considerable aerodynamic support?

I tried a higher aerodynamic support and observed how fast I would be able to turn... but I just can't give up on the pleasure of inserting the car to a high speed turn with splitter 1, wing 1... pure joy! I know, I know... a car moving sideways isn't a car moving forward, but yet... I'm arriving above 310 km/h at the strongest braking point of the circuit :D

Anyway, losing 2 secs to Peter means likely you guys are going flat-out in turns where I can't do such thing with my low support... interesting, I guess I needed a longer straight or a few drafts :wink2:

• Michel Salvador

As pointed previously the number of laps kind of gives me away as really liking this combination...

After looking into Reik's setup and the amount of aerodynamic support his setup provides... I wonder one thing; you guys doing low 28/29 seconds are going for considerable aerodynamic support?

I tried a higher aerodynamic support and observed how fast I would be able to turn... but I just can't give up on the pleasure of inserting the car to a high speed turn with splitter 1, wing 1... pure joy! I know, I know... a car moving sideways isn't a car moving forward, but yet... I'm arriving above 310 km/h at the strongest braking point of the circuit :D

Anyway, losing 2 secs to Peter means likely you guys are going flat-out in turns where I can't do such thing with my low support... interesting, I guess I needed a longer straight or a few drafts :wink2:

same joao my spitter 1 wing 4 lol and c reik setup damn splitter 3 wing 13 Oo that huge diff and is time 1.28 damn fast :) i stil sux at setup for high speed i guess i just learn something from reik setup :)

• Ariff Roose

Well, i only had some minutes to try the G25 over a year ago. Of course the G25 is much more expensive, so it's many more features to offer. Maybe also a bit more Quality. For me i can say, i don't need a manuel clutch or an H-shifter. The pedals and the sequentiel stick are enough for me. And i bet if you ask around, the black momo will be voted the best middle priced wheel. I think me and my brother are well experienced drivers and we both improved or skills from none FFB wheel to this momo.

Open a thread here and let other users tell about their experiences and a comparisen with the G25...

Hmmmm.. i could buy the Momo. What's the full name?
= And I will open a thread comparing the G25 to other wheels. thanks mate

I am using 2 wing in the front and 6 in the back.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%