rF2 Week 40: Marussia F1 @ Silverstone

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thought I'd give this a go for the experience but it appears the server is having other ideas. I'm beginning to think me a rF2 are never destined to be friends :(

Hm, my engine blew up after about 30mins ?? Very unusual, never happened to me before in rf2. I'm also not really sure why to be honest. Engine wasn't overheating or anything :(

Hm, my engine blew up after about 30mins ?? Very unusual, never happened to me before in rf2. I'm also not really sure why to be honest. Engine wasn't overheating or anything :(

Mechanical failure is set to time on the server I see, perhaps it's just a rondom blow-up, without you doing anything. Not sure though how that works, but that's my first guess. When we set the server next time I will check if another setting is more suited.

Well that was interesting.. I already figured that it wasn't my day :X

Start went really well actually, everybody came clean off the line. Until I was taken out from behind in T3. This damaged my front suspension so that was basically my race done right then and there, or so I thought. I kept on driving, rather coasting in the hope something would happen. This went along quite lonely and after not too long my tires were starting to go a bit, this kept going and going until they were really like wooden wheels but I didn't feel like losing even more time by going in and get fresh ones, since my suspension was still screwed up. Suddenly I found myself 3rd because something happened to Ian? Then to my shock indeed Dino had the blowout and found myself, stunned, 2nd! More coasting to be had until 3 minutes before the end I couldn't keep the car from sliding away in the final turn and headed into the barriers... By that time it felt I was driving on the rims really :X

If anybody didn't deserve that... thanks again for the setup, surprised I could keep the car going as long as I did with it :)

I had fun too, but should have practiced a bit more, Dino's setup was very unforgivable when over the edge, hard to catch, so barrier for me:D I started on hard and untill lap 9 my tyres were green and probably could last the distance, but I was very carefull everywhere with braking and cornering, think temps never went above 80.;)

I had fun too, but should have practiced a bit more, Dino's setup was very unforgivable when over the edge, hard to catch, so barrier for me:D I started on hard and untill lap 9 my tyres were green and probably could last the distance, but I was very carefull everywhere with braking and cornering, think temps never went above 80.;)

Funny thing is the setup was actually made for the purpose to be safe and make your tires last :D

Funny thing is the setup was actually made for the purpose to be safe and make your tires last :D

It is a good setup for sure, it was more easy to drive than the default and tyres were fine, I liked it:thumbsup:, but once over the edge I found it harder to catch the slide than the default setup that I was used too:p. I was just driving careful because I didn't knew the track very well and what the car/setup was capable of, and by going slow I had more chance of finishing, but wasn't to be:D

Just as an addition to the engine thing:

It seems the reason my engine blew was because it was actualy overheating. I think i read my HUD with the engine temps wrong. Yellow colour meant too hot I suppose :D

Don't want that to happen again so I had to test it.
I tried one click up (radiator 3) and it held up fine over 40mins with the same settings ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back