rF2 Week 33: Formula Renault 3.5 Sebring

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
fr352.jpg

Welcome to week 34! This week we will be taking on the famous English circuit, Sebring in the Formula Renault 3.5!

The most senior 'Formula Renault' was the Formula Renault V6 Eurocup started by Renault to run as part of Eurosport's Super Racing Weekends (ETCC and FIA GT Championship). Only two seasons were run between 2003 and 2004 before Renault left Super Racing Weekends and merged the series with the similar World Series by Nissan to create the Formula Renault 3.5 Series as part of the World Series by Renault in 2005.

Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit is a motor racing circuit in Norfolk, England. Owned by Motor Sport Vision, it is situated on the A11 road some 20 km north-east of the town of Thetford and 30 km south-west of the city of Norwich. The circuit is named after the village of Snetterton, which lies about 2 km to the north-west of the circuit, although much of the circuit is actually in the adjoining civil parish of Quidenham.
The circuit hosts races from series including the British Touring Car Championship, British Formula Three Championship and British Superbike Championship. From 1980 to 1994, the track hosted the UK's first 24-hour race, the Willhire 24 Hour. Since 2003 the 2CV 24 Hour Racehas been held at Snetterton on the 200 Circuit.

Schedule
Both servers will be online all week for practicing. The servers are setup with an extended first practice session. Please only use this practice session when racing online for fun, do not vote it round unless being asked to do so.

Week 34 Start Date: Monday August 19, 2013
Week 34 End Date: Sunday August 25, 2013

Race days for official ranked sessions
  • Monday, August 19,
  • Tuesday August 20,
  • Wednesday, August 21,
  • Thursday August 22,
  • Friday August 23,
  • Saturday August 24,
  • Sunday August 25,
Time schedule for official ranked sessions
  • Qualification: 19:30 GMT
  • Race Starts: 19:45 GMT
  • Race Ends: 20:15 GMT
Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Car: Formula Renault 3.5 (ISI)
Track: Snetterton
Mod: Here
Weather:
Dry
Road condition: Naturally progressing
Tyre wear : 2x
Mechanical failure : Time scaled

Server will be online for the first time tonight (monday 12th) around dinner time.

Information
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Password: Click here for the server password
RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
This event thread will be the central thread for the GT Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification or just leave a post that you will be participating in the first upcoming race, and of course we very much like to see your race reports :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. Remember that first post where somebody else helped you for the first time, helping is nice!

Have a great week and see you on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't driven these cars for any huge lengths of time yet. Still getting used to them :p Is it a realistic goal to try and do these races in 1 stint? Or is that a bit too optimistic?

My computer is just to slow for this track (lucky for me my new computer will arrive this week to be able to race) but I have been doing some practice and my tyres could last a long time so I think it's possible to do no pitstops, but havent tested for half an hour in one go.

I haven't driven these cars for any huge lengths of time yet. Still getting used to them :p Is it a realistic goal to try and do these races in 1 stint? Or is that a bit too optimistic?
Early days for my testing but be aware that tyre change is 7 secs in this one!
Hope to be on tonight.
My first session was on the v1.41 and 1.43 felt a bit more flighty and oversteery so have to amend setup a little.
Looks like 2.6 litres a lap for me.

Man, this car's INTENSE! I am definitely coming back for more!

Tonight's race didn't go well. I spun about half way through, and as I did, I drifted right in front of Bruno who hit me face first. 100% my responsibility, hope it didn't screw you up too much. :( My car stalled, and wouldn't start again. Guess I'd better start driving with autoclutch. :p

Not deterred at all by this unsuccessful start with this car. I'll be back. ;)

Weather: Dry

Not really :D

Had one nice q lap but messed up my start again ;( Searched around for the pit-lights too long and plugin useless + sound delayed again and therefore useless :facepalm

Chased Aleksi for the entire race. Found no way to pass anywhere. Only chance was on rare occasions he did small mistakes, but even then it wasn't enough.

The not intended rain saved me as I won the "Who holds it on track with slicks contest" :p

Nice race all and cya next time
Btw epic car: It is worlds better than when this released; I hated it back then.

Difficult, difficult... I don't know why but I just can get onto rhythm on this track. Lots of replay watching and practice to be done for the rest of the week... :unsure:

Well I haven't touched these cars in a while, but after getting an ok setup running it was fun, despite racing in sebring (which is a track I never liked) I had a nice fun chase of Marcus until he spun infront of me (no worries Marcus it was bad luck from you)

The Rain was unxepected, I decided to stop for wets very close to the end as I wanted to finish the race, but still it was a very tricky condition.

Nice racing all and hope to see you guys in the track. :)

Now I know how Mat Chilton feels
I love this car. Found 2 sec since the night before but Dino et al showed me what real pace is.
I had "mid pack pace" but spun after avoiding a small collision between two others at the fiesrt sector. so p7/7
Kept at it and was rewarded as one spun leaving me P6.
I chased and caught another who spun (after my mega pressure (lol) now P5.
We duelled for several laps after this.

The rain looked so much like fog that I thoughtI I could smell the cold, got lost and ended up in pit lane, if I knew it was rain i would have grabbed wets but I thought it was dense fog!
Next lap I grabbed wets.
Came in P4 after some "retyrements".

Was pleased in fact to hit 1:51. Next target the 1:40 somethings.
Thanks for the race

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back